Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SOMA-Moscone Center) Marriott

tkpaul
By tkpaul,
in

I have only a minute to post this, so I'll try to give you the full history briefly. I began bidding about 8/1/09. Started with USE and went from $76 to $90 by $2 increments using the permutations of the 4 free re-bid zones. A few days ago, I began bidding for SoMa/Moscone Center first, going from $76 - $100 (and then $106 yesterday) because I saw a win for Hotel Paloma. I then did the same permutation bidding for USE going up to $106 yesterday. I bid for USW a little yesterday, but only went up to $90.

SoMa PL hotels all seem good; USE has Grand Hyatt, which seems good to PL customers; Hilton (USW) seems to treat PL customers a little differently. This is the reason for my multi-layered (and convoluted) bidding.

So today, I began with SoMa/Moscone at $82, raising by $2 increments, got to $90 and got the "raise your bid by $20" message, which I ignored. I kept with the plan, got to $94 and got the "raise your bid by $22" message ($2 more than last time when I bid $4 less...hmm...doesn't that prove that it's random?) , which I ignored again. I hit at $96 for the Marriott, which is the same hotel where I'm staying for a conference beginning on 8/18.

Check-In: Friday, August 14, 2009

Check-Out: Monday, August 17, 2009

Hotel Name: San Francisco Marriott

55 Fourth Street

San Francisco, California 94103

Your Offer Price: $96.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $288.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $53.40

Total Charges*: $341.40

Marriott website rate is $169 and my conference rate is $135 (assuming they'd let me add 4 days to the beginning of my stay).

I bid using the PRICELINE link. Thanks to everyone for your help. I couldn't bid successfully without all the support from other posters and from the BetterBidding team.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]