Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Travel information:

8.2 miles to Los Angeles Intl. (LAX)

My educated guess would be the Inter-Continental, this would be great, but I'd like to run this by you guys first, seeing as though I've never booked through hotwire, and would like a little bit more reassurance. I'm willing to take the risk though.

I just entered a search for 2 adults 2 children for check-in Aug 29, check-out Sep 2 and got different results than you;

4* Century City/Westwood

$119

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Internet

Did you use different parameters in your search? The property in my search also claimed "8.2 miles from LAX". I wonder if that's a standard response for any hotel in the Century City/Westwood zone???

Ya, I put in 4 adults, 0 children, 1 room. Once the results appeared, I checked 4 stars and up only. Did it now, got 123$ per night again, same result.

Ah, you entered 4 adults 0 kids, while I entered 2 adults and 2 kids. Interesting that a different combination of 4 people nets different hotels.

The property in my search also claimed "8.2 miles from LAX". I wonder if that's a standard response for any hotel in the Century City/Westwood zone???

I've learned two things today, both from this thread:

1. Enterting 4 adults 0 children can produce different hotel results than entering 2 adults 2 children.

2. The comment "8.2 miles from LAX" applies to any hotel within the zone and should not be used to try to determine one hotel from other. From Hotwire: Note: Distances are measured from center of the area (zone).

Ah, you entered 4 adults 0 kids, while I entered 2 adults and 2 kids. Interesting that a different combination of 4 people nets different hotels.

Ya, I've noticed too. Maybe some hotels charge differently if you have more adults? All I need are 2 double beds (we will be 4 though), has anybody ever tried entering 2 adults to get different results, and then calling the hotel for two double beds?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]