Price line hotel refund

captnamo
By captnamo,
in

Just wanted to let all know that Price Line agreement does state that it has the option to waive restrictions.

My extenuating circumstances: JetAmerica (booked direct) cancelled all its flights and I was "stuck" with three nights (booked through PriceLine) at the Jersey City Westin. (Only making the trip to NYC due to the CHEAP airfare.)

I e-mailed customer support. They responded with an 800 number to call for customer service. Gal I talked to took down all the info and I provided airline and flight number of my cancelled flight and said they'd review it, but she thought that I would get a refund.

Got an e-mail confirmation and within 14 days had a credit on my account.

Chasing after this was really just a second thought. I really thought I'd have to eat my hotel fees (or find a different way to NY).

Thought y'all would like to know.

I thought I'd add my story about receiving a hotel refund for a 'name your own price' reservation just recently.

I booked a 4* hotel in Honolulu's Diamond Head district for $95/night and received the 'Lotus at Diamond Head'. Upon researching the property though, I found that it really did not seem to meet the basic criteria of a 4-star. I wrote into priceline specifically pointing out that the Lotus lacked a fitness room, an all-day on-site restaurant and room service - all amenities guaranteed by the Priceline website for a 4-star hotel. I received a form letter in reply saying that my reservation was non refundable. I wrote back saying in turn that this was unacceptable. I was told to call the customer service line and ended up reaching a really nice agent called Gary. He agreed that I should get a full refund and passed me on to Nick at customer relationships. Nick called the hotel to confirm that they did not have a fitness room, all-day restaurant and room service and then promptly refunded my credit card in full. Nick said that he would contact corporate to make sure the Lotus was removed from their 4-star list.

All in all, I was very happy with the way this was managed.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish me luck. Several months ago, I booked JetAmerica tickets to Minneapolis. Then, I pricelined my car rental at a rate of $9.00 a day from 9/4 though 9/7, resulting in a total of $51.25. Luckily, this was the only thing I pricelined. I tried calling after they folded last month, but got the same old "our prices are low because we cannot give refunds" script. Since it was only fifty bucks, I was annoyed, but resigned to accept the loss. But still, after reading your response, I'm going to try an email and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a refund through my credit card company when the hotel I booked in Asheville, N.C., was outside of Priceline's zone. Priceline refused to cancel the reservation, even though I finally got one of its employees to admit that the hotel was not in the zone shown on their map. Since then, Priceline has extended the zone on the map to include that hotel.

i once got a change fee also since i mistakedly book an hotel for the wrong date ( i booked 1 month earlier that i was really going to go). I explained the situation to the agent and by being very polite (an i'm ashamed to say this but i made up a story as well), they changed it to a nominal fee of 25$. So there is always a way to negociate with them. Remember to be polite and that they want to have returning customers, so satisfying them is paramount.

I think refunds are possible for both hotwire and Priceline. I did get a refund from Hotwire ( thanks to the betterbidding.com team) for a hotel in Tupelo, MS that was supposed to be a 3 star ( Town House Motel -now re-rated to a 2 star).

While, the refund process took along time and many e-mails and phone calls on my part , at the end hotwire.com came back and re-rated the 3 star Town House Motel a 2 star hotel and offered me a complete refund or a free night stay at the Town House Motel, plus a credit for the amount I paid, originally for the hotel.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]