GA Macon Courtyard by Marriott North

footloose
By footloose,
in

$44 Priceline stay on 4/2/04. Our stay here began on a positive note with very friendly desk staff and no mention of Priceline. The lobby was large and attractive and included seating areas, a large-screen T.V., breakfast area, and small business center. Also offered in the lobby was coffee and cocktail service. We had 2 NS, King rooms with sofa beds that were very clean and fresh smelling. The spacious rooms were decorated in navy, yellow, and coral

and included a large desk with swivel desk chair, free internet, and excellent lighting. The T.V. was a little small for the size of the room, though. The shower head and water pressure in the bathroom were great, just the way we like. We heard no outside noise and had a wonderful night's sleep. This property had a lovely outdoor pool area with gazebo and a large indoor hot tub that my husband and I enjoyed very much after a 12 hour drive. My husband used the fitness room and said the equipment was only average. The hotel offered a hot breakfast buffet for $7.95 that looked good, but we did not partake of. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff made this a wonderful experience for us.

• 10 months later...

We arrived late. Key machine was broken, so attendant met us at side door and ushered us up to our room. Not a problem for us as this was a quick stopover; we only planned to sleep and leave in the morning. This is a fairly large Courtyard that is part of a larger complex that includes Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn. A good location close to I-75, but sort of hidden at night, so you may want to look at the marriott.com map before you head over. As I recall, it is east of the interstate and left at the first light. Room was well-maintained and clean. Breakfast was $9 adults and $4.50 children (why are they always so pricey?), so we crossed under I-75, got a few donuts and pieces of fruit at Publix (on the left after McDonald's). Plenty of restaurants incl. a Carrabba's, Publix, Kroger, and (I think) a K-Mart were all very close by. Overall, a very good stay.

• 8 months later...

This facility is really how all Priceline stays should be. A nicely kept hotel in a accessible area. Everything from check-in to check-out a breeze. Rooms were clean, nice and linens appeared to be of good quality. Small but clean pool and hot tub-indoor that was excellent!!. Up to date fitness room. Free highspeed internet. Free parking. Complimentary coffee in room. A nice comfy chair and desk, along with another chair for reading. Adequate lighting but could have been better with the addition of an overhead fixture..Sink and bathroom were nice, clean with good counter space. A small frig, microwave, iron and ironing board provided. Very efficient staff, our check in was handled by Tamara who handled our requests quickly and with a smile. . No unnecessary noises. Good heating-a/c. Located just off I-75. Adequate shopping and restaurants close by, for breakfast try Panera bread (go under the interstate, its across from K-mart next to Kinko's) For dinner, try Cheddars, its highly recommended. and relatively modest in cost. While it's not a 4 star property, it's far better than most other properties I've stayed at for similar cost. The combination of nice staff with good accommodations at a bargain price makes for a relaxing stay!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]