Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Cape Cod (Hyannis-Yarmouth-Dennis Port) International Inn

pnk
By pnk,
in

Using the HOTWIRE link above, I booked a 1-night stay in Hyannis at the International Inn

Icons: Pool, Restaurant

Price: $67

Tax & Fees: $21.99

I am curious as to why the taxes and fees are so high. Is it just for this property? Just curious..

Thank you again for such a great site! :-)

Congratulations on your success!

I'm not sure regarding the taxes and fees, this property does have a resort fee of $8.50/day, so i'm guessing that perhaps that is included in the taxes and fees? (let us know after your stay if you had to pay this additional fee to directly to the hotel)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I recently stayed at this property (through hotwire) and was not charged the 8.50$ resort fee. I am not sure if the clerk forgot or if this fee is not charged when the booking is made through a third party (I didn`t want to ask too many questions at the risk of reminding her hint hint). Now that I think of it, the resort fee is probably included in the taxes and fees paid to hotwire. It would be the only logical explanation as to why this fee is so high (30% ??? WTF) Oh one more thing. The hotel website states that breakfast buffet is included with the room, not the case if you book through hotwire. The place is not as bad as tripadvisor reviews make it out to be (I would personally rate it at 1.5 to 2* max). Just take into account the price paid and you will be happy, it`s a relatively clean motel.

• 1 month later...
I recently stayed at this property (through hotwire) and was not charged the 8.50$ resort fee. I am not sure if the clerk forgot or if this fee is not charged when the booking is made through a third party (I didn`t want to ask too many questions at the risk of reminding her hint hint). Now that I think of it, the resort fee is probably included in the taxes and fees paid to hotwire. It would be the only logical explanation as to why this fee is so high (30% ??? WTF) Oh one more thing. The hotel website states that breakfast buffet is included with the room, not the case if you book through hotwire. The place is not as bad as tripadvisor reviews make it out to be (I would personally rate it at 1.5 to 2* max). Just take into account the price paid and you will be happy, it`s a relatively clean motel.

How much did you pay for the room?

I believe the above poster paid $56, as stated in his other thread. However, keep in mind that rates vary by dates.

As posted above, I stayed at this motel and I think $56 is the top price to pay no matter when in the season.

If you do stay there because there is absolutely nothing else available, be sure to check what you are being charged for "service" and do question it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]