Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

applelinux
By applelinux,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Parking is tough in the area and the streets are metered until the evening. There is a strip mall (with a Pep Boys, Shop Rite supermarket, BJs Wholesale Club, etc) nearby where you could take the chance and leave your car... i've parked my car there a few times while i've spent sometime at the nearby mall, but i don't think i would take a chance and park there for consecutive days without moving it. There is also a Target nearby which i would think is 'safe' for multiple hours, but i wouldn't recommend for overnite parking.

If you head towards the strip mall towards the Target, there is on the street parking without meters once you pass the last office building. I'm not sure of the specific rules there, or if extended parking is simply 'tolerated' and ignored by the police, but i should be in the area over the next few days and i'll take a closer look for you. This area i'm refering to is about a 20 minute walk to the Hyatt, or you can easily take a 2 minute trip on the LightRail or PATH train.

Note that i have also arranged for board members to get a discount at the nearby (walking distance from the Hyatt) BAJA MEXICAN RESTAURANT which is a favorite of mine and my wife.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare! I will definitely try that restaurant when I get there. Also, is it safe around that hotel during that time? I heard that jersey city is not so safe comparing to other cities. Since we want to stay at the timesquare for new year eve, hope there would not be any trouble when we get back.

It'll be fine, the PATH train will be very crowded on your return, but expect the usual drunken-ness associated with New Year's Eve :)

The area around the hotel is fine, it's other parts of JC that are not so great. Also, the Exchange Place PATH station is adjacent to the hotel, so once you leave the station you'll be on the 'streets' of JC for all of about 30 seconds. The restaurant above is about a 4-5 block walk from the hotel and you should have no problems, as i said above, the area near the hotel is fine, but there are other areas in Jersey City that you would not want to walk around at nite.

What is the check-out date of your hotel. The title of this thread implies that it's 12/31, will you actually be staying there until 1/1?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]