Priceline Hotel: Please advise - 3.5* or 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place)

downtownbrown88
By downtownbrown88,
in

So you know if you're on the right track, you currently have NINE re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Seattle.

If you're confused by the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link just post back and we'll break it down further for you one step at a time.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have used the PRICELINE links provided and bid a variety of free-bid zones, even down to 2 stars and the range from 65-$115 dollars with NO success on Priceline. What is going on in Seattle that weekend (8/15)? I just need one night!?! On Travelocity / Expedia there is nothing below 200 it seems. I will likely not even use PRICELINE. I successfully bid a 4* Resort in Maui the first try for the price I'm trying to stay at a 2* in Seattle?!

3.5 is much more limited. I know both the Everett locations are rebid zones. Have you considered bidding lower for a 3*? It might be alot more reasonable.

You should also note that the New York Yankees are in town playing the Mariners. That attracts alot of people to the downtown area.

Best of luck!

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

3.5 is much more limited. I know both the Everett locations are rebid zones. Have you considered bidding lower for a 3*? It might be alot more reasonable.

I'm not sure what you mean by "more limited." If you mean in terms of rebid zones, you have the same rebid zones as for a 4* bid except for University of Washinton - Northgate (on the other hand, you have only one rebid zone for a 3* bid). If you mean in terms of the number of 3.5* hotels in the Downtown - Pike Place zone, it's true that only 3 have come up on Priceline lately, but only five 3* hotels have been reported recently.

Also note that downtownbrown88 has bid all the way down to 2*. But I should have pointed out earlier that this is futile if you're just bidding in the Downtown - Pike Place zone. There is only one hotel in this zone rated lower than 3* by Priceline: the 2.5* Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel.

downtownbrown88, have you figured out what you're going to do? Rates in the downtown area on the 15th seem to increasing. If you let us know what your budget is and where in Seattle you'd be willing to stay, we may be able to suggest some options.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]