Hotwire Hotel: Asheville Help / ID, Recommendations

chocdiggity
By chocdiggity,
in

Not at all happy with Priceline options in Asheville... None seem good (the car break-ins at the 3* pretty well sealed it). Downtown seems sketchy at best.

Thought I'd try Hotwire but there's no history here for anything but downtown.

I'm looking at 3* Asheville West with Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center. I suspect this is the Holiday Inn West?

Or 2.5* Asheville West with Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool, Business Center, Laundry. I suspect this is the Country Inn & Suites.

Reviews of the west end seem to indicate that part of town is sketchy too.

This is very frustrating. You'd think there would be one clean, quiet, secure hotel in Asheville. If there is I don't see it on Trip Advisor...

No we don't. I spent a lot of time looking over a lot of sites and have never seen such a lack of decent choices among so many potential options. If the highend options have regular car break ins and the priceline usuals have paper thin walls, mold/smells, and homeless panhandlers in the parking lots I'm at a bit of a loss. There doesn't seem to be a zone with an option I like (or even a reasonable option not bidding blindly).

I'm looking at hotels or areas so the date didn't seem too relevant (sketchiness doesn't wax or wane with days of the week or time of year), but stay is likely 8/3 and 8/4 or thereabouts, if we find something. If not we'll go elsewhere.

I was hoping there may have been some folks who've sorted through this previously and come up with something good.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]