Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (South) Radisson Airport at Sierra Point

Bobby Boy
By Bobby Boy,
in

Dates: 8/25 & 26

I was following the same bid pattern of someone who recently won the Staybridge Suites in San fran, but ended up with this instead. I'm pleased that this hotel offers free parking which is why I didn't want to bid 4*. Most 4* wins near the airport charge $16 to $18 a night for parking.

Bid history:

3* $40 (South SFO) - rejected

3* $48 (South SFO) + (Fisherman's wharf) - Won the Radisson.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $48.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $96.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $22.29 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $118.29 (USD)

Not bad for a decent hotel with free parking near the airport. Gets decent reviews on Hotels.com too.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you originally set out for, glad to see that this will still work well for your plans and satisifies your need for free parking.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was following the same bid pattern of someone who recently won the Staybridge Suites in San fran, but ended up with this instead.

Staybridge Suites are in the Airport zone and you didn't include Airport zone in your bidding.

:)

Radisson's pretty decent too though. Enjoy!

I was following the bidding pattern of another user who didn't add the airport zone until his third try. He was rejected on his second try for $50, and then got the Staybridge on his third try for $45. I didn't want to go to $50 on my second try, because someone recently got the crappy Holiday Inn for $50. I wasn't sure exactly what district the HI was in, so I kept my bid $2 less in hopes of avoiding it.

I've never stayed in a Radisson, but most reviews of this one are pretty good overall. Although I haven't seen it yet, at this point I'm extremely happy with my win! Less than $60/night after taxes w/free parking in a decent hotel. What more could one ask for?

I'm now bidding on a hotel for 2 nights in Fortuna. There are only 4 brand name hotels in the city, and all are on the same block. I'll be very happy with any of the four, as long as I can get one at a decent price. The Super 8 is the cheapest at face value for $95 / night. I've been rejected at $55 / night. My next bid will be $61, but I have to wait until later tonight to meet the 24 hour rule. If I cannot get a decent rate thru PRICELINE, there are a couple of old-school motels in the area for $45 a night. A friend of mine used one last year and said it was just fine.

BTW... This site rocks! If I have any money left over after my vacation, I'll definitely be making a donation.

Glad you're enjoying BetterBiddng and find it useful, Bobby Boy. Thanks for posting your recent wins.

On PRICELINE the 3* Holiday Inn and 3* Staybridge Suites are both in the SFO zone. If you bid 3* in SFO you can win either hotel (or some others) and there's no strategy that improves your chances of winning one over the other. If you don't include SFO zone in your bidding though you have no chance of winning the Staybridge at all.

If you want the Staybridge then HOTWIRE works better than PRICELINE because the Staybridge can be identified in advance on Hotwire from it's icons. It's a 3* in the San Bruno zone.

I've stayed at the Radisson and it worked out fine. Nice quiet location right next to the bay with free parking, like you said.

Good luck with your Fortuna bids. PRICELINE usually works better in big cities than in small towns like Fortuna but you never know.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]