Hotwire Hotel: 3* Stamford - Bridgeport (Stamford) Sheraton

crisp1
By crisp1,
in

Am going to a jethro tull concert with 2 16 yr old boys on 11-8. Want to stay in stamford. saw bids for $60 accepted for 2 nights for the Westin (4*) on priceline. Should I bid $30 per room/night? What about Hotwire. The only hotel I've seen accepted here in Sheldon. Thanks

Better they enjoy Jethro Tull than the garbage music of today, where it's all about looks and dance moves rather than the music itself!

$30 will be too low, that $60 you saw was probably $60/nite, not for both nites.

Is $60/nite within your budget, although with the Westin going for $289/nite at their site it seems like a bit of a stretch.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is a higher bid within your budget? If not, remember that since you have to drive after the concert anyway you may be able to choose a less expensive zone just a few miles further in the direction in which you'll be traveling.

Let us know and we'll try to advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One of those hotwire hotels could also be the Clarion (formerly the DoubleTree).

When bidding 3* you do have one re-bid zone. So using the Hotwire $87 as your back-up, i would bid $72; if rejected add re-bid zone and try $79. Do note that the Priceline zone is slightly larger than the Hotwire zone, so just make sure you're comfortable staying anywhere within the shaded region.

It also looks like the Bridgeport/Shelton zone is much less expensive, so if you're traveling in that direction that may be another option.

Bid $72 and was rejected- PL offered same area at $22 more. Rechecked Hotwire, the Clarion is in Norwalk, each of the hotels said Stamford. would like to stay as close to theater as possible- will most likely go with the Hotwire $87 deal, and hope it's the Marriot

Thanks for all the help. I didn't want to add a zone, so I went with the 3* $87 + $16.95 taxes=$103.95 on Hotwire. It turned out to be the Sheraton ( 1 mile from the theatre, but I believe there is free parking). Will post review upon return.

Sounds if it will work out ok for your plans none-the-less.

Am i correct that the full list of amenities were:

Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center, Laundry Facilities

You can still view the list of amenities by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]