Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami South Beach Marriott

DSKcruzn
By DSKcruzn,
in

I am looking for a 4* hotel in Miami South Beach for a 1 night (7/13/03) post-cruise celebration before heading back home. I would love to get the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza because it is beachfront and due to it's central South Beach location. I realize this is only a possibility using Priceline since there are other 4* South Beach hotels. I have seen posts for successful bids of $75 and $85 for the Crowne Plaza and would love to get in for under $100. The good news is there are 5 free re-bid zones available if going for a 4* SoBe. Does anyone have suggestions for a good strategy that might slant the results towards the Crowne Plaza? Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately there is no way to "better your chances" of getting one hotel over another.

The lowest price i've seen for a 4* hotel in SoBe is $70, and go as high as $90 or so. Since you have so many rebids available, i would start at $65 and raise your bid by $5 for each re-bid. Since you have some time (and if you really want the Crowne Plaza), you may want to stop bidding at $80 or so, since i the Crowne has one of the lowest Priceline rates i've seen, and then just re-try your bid in another week or so.(not going above $80 would rule out any other 4* hotels that have higher rates... but of course no guarantees)

If being on the beach is most important, you may want to consider Hotwire, which will tell you beforehand if the hotel is on the beach or not. Generally speaking, Hotwire often (but not always) rates hotels a little higher than Priceline, and will also usually cost you a little bit more, but if you want a beach it may be worth it (at least a look).

IMPORTANT: if you look at Hotwire, don't get confused between "Beachfront" icons and "Beach Access" icons. There is a key there which describes all the amenities, but the Beach Access has an arrow on the beach icon, while the Beachfront icon just has the beach (where beach is an umbrella or something like that)

Any questions or comments about the above, feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The results are in!!!

4* Miami South Beach, Marriott

7/13/03, one night for $75

Taxes: $9.75

Booked: 4/29/03

Bid History...

1st bid: $65 --> rejected

2nd bid: $70 and added re-bid zone #1 --> rejected

3rd bid: $75 and added re-bid zone #2 --> ACCEPTED! :)

I was hoping I'd get lucky and get the Crowne Plaza, but I'm perfectly happy with the Marriott. The standard rate on the hotel website is $179. No complaints here for a 4*! It's also beachfront and is actually only about 1 mile south of the Crowne Plaza.

Once again, thanks for all the help/advise!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]