Priceline Hotel: 2* Providence (Cranston-Warwick-Airport PVD) Comfort Inn Airport

gjjohnson
By gjjohnson,
in

Stay - July25-31/2009

I bid on a week stay in the Warwick/Greenwich zone for $30 the previous week and got a very nice room at the Springhill Suites off of Quaker Ln (Route 2). When I was notified of the winning bid, the e-mail contained a link to extend my stay for up to a week. I foolishly delayed extending the stay and by Thursday of last week, there wasn't a room available at the hotel. I then attempted a bid for $35 for the same zone and was unsuccessful.

I added the Warwick Airport zone, increased the bid to $40 -- I succeeded in getting a room at the Comfort Inn Airport Warwick. I realized that this would be a different experience when I called the hotel to ask for a non-smoking room and was told that I was assigned to a handicapped room. I asked for a different room and the desk clerk asked, "what do you expect for a Priceline room?"

To be fair to the hotel, they did appear to be completely sold out the first night of my stay -- that sai.d, the public areas of the hotel were very dirty and the room smelled like a nursing home. I contacted Priceline via their FAQ/Help section and sprayed down the bathroom with Febrize.

The next day, I spoke with the front desk and they said that they would assign me to a different room. I was able to switch rooms at 4:30 that afternoon. The new room was clean and odor-free.

As I said, the hotel was completely full our first night, so I would expect minor problems to happen. However, the dirty, smelly room and stained, dirty public areas are not something I'd expect in any hotel, busy or not.

In the future, I'll be more careful when bidding and try to avoid 2* hotels in the airport zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]