CA Los Angeles Westin Airport LAX

jmk
By jmk,
in

This was my first hotel stay, won on Priceline.com. I booked the room for 1 night at a rate of $50. I wasn't sure how they would treat me, since I paid so little for this room. But to my surprise, I did not notice any difference. We arrived at LAX at 8AM and rented a car and arrived at the hotel 9:30am. I asked if they had a room ready that early. The reservation agent was very courteous and promised to have a room ready within the hour. I told him we will come back later. We returned at 2pm and another reservation agent checked us in. He was also very courteous and gave us a room on the 8th floor. Room was very nice and clean. We had a view of the run way. Eventhough we were close to the runway, noice was minimal and we thoroughly enjoyed watching planes land and take off. I have traveled the world over and usually stay at high end hotels. This is one of those hotels and this time I ended up paying less than half of what I have paid before. Thanks to Priceline.com.

• 1 year later...

I got the Westin LAX on my visit. The price fluctuates from $59 a night up to $89- $95 a night. We thought it was a good deal for what we paid which was $59 plus fees. Keep in mind though that the parking is $15 per 24hrs and not per day. We thought we would of had to pay for Saturday and Sunday but since we checked in after 1pm on Saturday and out by 1am the following Sunday night we only had to pay $15 for that 24 hrs instead of 2 days. I hope that makes sense. We did notice that they gave us a room on the 5th floor that you could hear the airplanes throughout the day from the airport. The room was fairly nice but the amenities could of been better. It was very bare. The bed was clean but the tables seemed dusty. Overall nice hotel but I definitely would not stay here for more than $100 night. We checked in on 12/31 and checked out midnight 1/1.

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to provide some feedback on my stay. The lobby and ammenities are 4* but room is more of a 3* level. Location was good for me. Several quick places to eat nearby. The hotel restaurant was pricey and only okay quality. Fitness center was very good. Each cardio machine has its own TV monitor and headset attachment.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• 2 months later...

Recently stayed at the Westin LAX for one night for a bid of $60 ($76 total after taxes/fees). Note that parking is $15 a night, but there is free overnight parking available just east of the hotel on Century Blvd in front of the Subway. It is one hour parking from 8 AM-6 PM (Monday-Saturday), so you can park there without any issues until 9 AM, and all day on Sundays. It isn't the safest spot in the world, but if you have a basic car and don't leave any valuables in sight, it won't be a problem.

The Westin is a very nice hotel, and I would recommend signing up for Starwood Preferred Guest if you get this hotel (or any other Westin). Somehow I got to be a gold member even though I have never stayed before, and this got me a special checkin area and very nice service. I suspect even the basic members get nice service.

The lobby is very big and spacious, with a nice bar and restaurant. It looks like they often have large gatherings here, so be prepared for some crowds. The room we requested was very nice, with a view of the south runways and the pool(almost no noise), I suspect this view is better than the one of Century Blvd. The bed may not have been "Heavenly", but it was very nice and comfortable, and we got a very good night's sleep. My wife liked the decorations quite a bit, basic pictures and colors, but very classy and understated. Overall we had an excellent stay.

• 9 months later...

Just returned from a one night crash stay earlier this week. Great location! Very easy to get to and get out of. Staff was friendly though check-in was a bit slow. We couldn't get a receipt since we had no charges and were pre-paid. This is the first time I've encountered that. I just prefer to have a receipt showing a zero balance. Valet parked and attendants were prompt. Room was clean though a little under 4* quality for amenities/toiletries. They didn't have tons of candles burning so I was not overwhelmed by the scents (which gives me a headache). I was very pleased they've toned it down. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• 4 months later...

Had a one night sleep and go experience here on a $82 win for a Monday night. We had no issues with check-in, and a request for a king sized bed was granted. We used the valet parking because we were so tired from a day of traveling, and found that the valet attendants were very friendly and prompt. We met our car to see them cleaning our windows and wiping down the dash, which was nice. We found the $26 charge a little hard to take, but considering how tired we were, it was nice to just get out of the car and go to bed. The room itself was clean, spacious and what you would expect from a Westin. A call down to get bathrobes sent up to us was responded to within 15 minutes.

We would suggest you ask for a room that doesn't face Century Blvd. We did hear a little bit of road noise, and the view wasn't anything to look at. I don't know if the rooms opposite us would have been any better, but they certainly couldn't be worse.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]