Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp District

950 Island Avenue,

San Diego, CA, 92101

Great Location. Looks like the hotel just opened in July 2009 based on TripAdvisor reviews.

Can't complain for the price as we paid $179 last year during Comic-Con for the Hampton Inn and I booked that months in advance.

I think we're going to love the rooftop fireplace :)

~W

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Sorry I forgot to post that, I booked this hotel the 2nd day of Comic-Con 2009, can you believe it??

I booked it on Thursday, July 23rd for a stay from Friday July 24, through Sunday July 26th.

Did I post a review? I thought I did.

In a big nutshell, the hotel had just opened in July 2009, and is 6 blocks from the Convention Center.

The staff is fun and young, look for Brandon the ONLY bellman the whole crazy weekend, and a cute Irish or British front desk staffer.

Major CON - parking is Valet Only, $25 a day I think, and you cannot access your car unless you call them and have them bring it to the front each time. I had to call them to get my toothpaste (they brought the bag, sweet guys), to pack my Comic-Con goodies, to get my Comic-Con goodies, to get my glasses, you get the picture - the Valet staff was good-natured, although busy, and said they have calls like mine all the time. I did leave my car there after check-out for no additional charge - I figured for that price, I deserved a few extra hours of parking.

The hotel view pics are REAL, you can see the field at PetCo park from the bar patio. Toiletries were by Aveda, great bedding and fluffy towels.

This location and newness of the hotel were some of the only good things that happened at this hotel though, our main complaints were:

1) the room thermostat was on HEAT the entire weekend and could not be adjusted, the staff did not notify us and it was only when a sweaty me cornered the Maintenance guy in the elevator that he said there was a problem.

2) The first room we checked into wasn't ready, it was completely stripped. The front desk said the hotel computer had marked it as "Ready". The second room we had was the one with the AC problem, plus, it never got cleaned! We called for towels on Saturday night and the Bellman Brandon, who seemingly never slept the whole weekend brought us towels. The next day the housekeeper came after me for snagging soap and stuff from her cart, but we needed them since we had to shower so much from being in the hot room :)

The cute guy at the front desk comped us breakfast when we checked out - sadly breakfast was over by that time, so we had juice and pastries.

Bathroom was shower only with one of those rain showerheads.

Another note is that the rooms are not carpeted, so easy to slip if you walks around barefoot like me.

Hotel stationery and pencils and stuff had nice haikus and eco-friendly sayings.

I would stay there again, but I think I'd take more of a stand for the minor mishaps, even as a Hotwire customer.

BTW, the only mention of Hotwire was when we asked for 2 beds.

~W

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]