Priceline Hotel: Bidding For a Longer Stay- Can I Get a Winning Bid?

cjspeight
By cjspeight,
in

Hi-

I'm looking to stay in downtown San Francisco 9/12-9/17. Viewing the SF board, I see very little stays for that long. In fact, one person who just posted was looking for a five night stay, and seemed to settle for a three night.

Is it possible to get a winning bid/good deal for a five night stay? Should I try two different bids, one for 3 nights, and one for 2 nights?

All comments/experiences appreciated. Thank you!

Hi-

I am looking to stay in San Francisco 9/12-9/17. I've noticed very few winning bids are longer than 3 days.

Is it possible to get a good deal/winning bid for a stay of 5 days or more? Or should I abort that strategy and try a separate three night stay and a two night stay?

All comments appreciated. Thanks!

Well, I'd like to book a 4 star hotel for under $90 a night. This seems feasible in light of the winning bids that have posted. Plus, my understanding is that by September the major tourist season has wound down, and there should be more availability/lower demand.

I would like to stay in USE, USW, or Embarcadero.

Thanks.

Have you placed any bids yet for your travel dates? If not, then I would do that if I were you (you've got to start somewhere). If $90 is your current maximum limit, I would start bidding at around $70 and work up from there. If unsuccessful at $90, you do still have some time to work on this, so I wouldn't panic by any means. This may take some time.

As to your comment about September being post-tourist season, San Francisco is typically still very popular in September & October between good weather (often the best months of the year) and also large conventions scheduled. Having hung out on these boards for several years now, I always think back to September & October where people often have trouble getting longer-stay bids accepted. While that is not at all meant to discourage you, it's rather to dispel the thought the City rolls up the sidewalks after Labor Day! :) Now having said all that, perhaps this Fall will be a crap shoot from the norm due to the current economy and you'll have no trouble at all getting an accepted bid.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Great stuff. I appreciate all the information. I have tried bidding (about 2 weeks ago) and started in the $70s and worked my way up to the $80s. Honestly the 4 star stays are ideal, but if I continue to lose bids and do not see a downward trend in price, I will open up to a 3.5 star. Like you said, time is on my side.

You all have been quick to respond and I will certainly attempt to book through the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on your site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]