Priceline Hotel: Chicago Priceline Updgrades

Lefty
By Lefty,
in

Has anyone had any success, tips at requesting Upgrades (free or for a fee) at hotels in Chicago? Many properties now have "executive" or "club" levels that the will frequently use as free upgrades if you belong to their frequent customer programs. I've never heard of anyone getting a "free" upgrade through a Priceline reservation, but I have been asked at check in (I always handover my frequent customer/points cards when I check in if I have one for the specific chain).

I've seem some random online posts (not here though...) about paying $10-45 for room upgrades that can include free meals, honor bars, nicer rooms, etc.

Anyone have any comments on experiencing upgrades for Chicago Hotwire/Priceline rooms, recently?

It's fairly rare that people have posted regarding upgrades at Chicago hotels, and if one is able to get an upgrade, that should not be taken as any sort of sign that the hotel will do so regularly. PRICELINE/HOTWIRE reservations are *not* eligible for upgrades, and should not be expected going in. Additionally, most hotel chains will not give rewards program points for PRICELINE/HOTWIRE stays, although some people have gotten lucky with this.

The only time I've ever found an upgraded stay in the city worthwhile was at the Westin River North - $40 extra for river view and breakfast - well worth it for the view, which was spectacular.

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed two night stay at Palmer House Hilton in Chicago 8-1-9 to 8-3-9.

At check in, inquired about upgrade availability to Club level. No availability on Sat night, but encouraged to ask again on Sunday.

On Sunday AM, given details on $29 or $39 upgrade offer to the 23rd floor. I chose the $29 upgrade; included deluxe room on the club level, express elevators, 24-hour free coffee & soda, 2 queen beds with two bathrooms, great view of the city, complimentary continental breakfast and evening appetizers. A very nice upgrade; i'd highly encourage anyone staying at Hilton properties to inquire; even if they've booked through a 3rd party.

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]