Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Elizabeth) Residence Inn

AlwaysBooking
By AlwaysBooking,
in

I wanted a hotel adjacent to Newark Airport arriving on 7/28 evening, but didn't want to end up staying in downtown Newark (which is an option when you bid for Zone 1 - since they seem to include downtown Newark in the same zone as the airport). So I bid for Elizabeth (which is a short distance from the airport and most of the properties have free shuttle service to/from EWR) My bid:

3 * Newark (Elizabeth) - bid $50 (I know, a bit low) and was REJECTED (and not surprised)

However, then something happened that I had never seen - the PRICELINE screen offered me a "special opportunity" - they said that they don't "normally" do this, but IF I could increase my bid by at least $14, they would re-submit it WITHOUT my having to change or add zones or star level. So, feeling I really didn't have much to lose as the trip was still a couple of weeks off, I took their offer and bid:

3* Newark (Elizabeth) - bid $64 and bid was accepted at Marriott Residence Inn, with free shuttle. Very nice! :)

I don't know how often they offer this "special opportunity", but it sure worked out fine for me.

I used the PRICELINE link on BetterBidding.com

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a hotel which meets your needs, and this is a favorite in the area among some board members.

The "special opportunity" is what we refer to as a counter-offer and is discussed in more detail in this Priceline Suggests Price to Pay thread. Any questionsl regarding this subject feel free to ask.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI - the Holiday Inn has been running $59/nt rates for some time now. These are fully cancellable (up to 4PM or 6PM day of checkin). That hotel also has a free shuttle to the airport.

this $59 rate at the Holiday Inn does not include parking, breakfast, or Manager's Reception which are all included at the Residence Inn.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]