Hotwire Hotel: 4* Embarcadero for $95/nt on 8/21-8/23

workingmom
By workingmom,
in

My guess is this appears to be a match for the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero (because the Hilton usually displays a Spa icon). Both hotels are rated 4.0 stars by TripAdvisor. When you notice the TripAdvisor reviews in the Hotwire display, not only should you look at the rating (4.0, 4.5, etc) but also the number of reviews. In this case, since both the Hilton & Hyatt Regency are rated 4 stars by Tripadvisor, the only way to distinguish one from the other is the number of TripAdvisor reviews. I looked up 8/21-8/23 and the Hotwire display indicates 260+ TripAdvisor reviews, whereas the Hilton has 320+ reviews. I hope that's helpful information for you in the future.

If you wind up making this purchase, please report it on a separate thread, assuming you are not in any way connected to the OP of this thread. Chances are the OP is looking at different dates than 8/21-8/23 and the information I've given you isn't necessarily relevent to the OPs situation. Good luck!

I've separated the above posts from the other thread so that workingmom now has a thread of her own to update whatever she ends up doing for this stay.

While i agree the Hyatt is a likely guess, i'll also add the Le Meridien as a possibility as well... the Hyatt is won much more frequently, but i wouldn't exclude the Le Meridien either.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rhaf (aka Workingdad!)

Please start a separate thread with your travel dates. Also, please list any Tripadvisor information (star level and number of reviews) that Hotwire may include in the display you're seeing for $99 on your travel dates. That will greatly aid in trying to identify the hotel you're seeing. Thanks, and good luck.

As info, both Le Meridien & Omni are rated 4.5 stars by Tripadvisor, whereas the hotel HOTWIRE was (and still is) displaying is rated 4.0 stars.

True, but 6 out of the last 7 reviews for the Le Meridien were 5* (the other was 4*) and this may have been enough to push this property from the 4* level to the 4.5* level, since the last time HOTWIRE took their last 'snapshot' of the Tripadvisor info.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah, I see your point. So TripAdvisor ratings can (and do) change frequently based on the most recent reviews tipping (or not tipping) the scales. And the million dollar question is how "real time" Hotwire is in capturing snapshots of the current TripAdvisor ratings. Thank goodness Hotwire also posts the number of Tripadvisor reviews. That small piece of info can make a big difference in identifying which hotel Hotwire is listing.

HOTWIRE updates 'periodically'... i've seen it be as frequently as 2 weeks, as long as about 8 weeks, but usually it's once a month or so. However, i don't think they do updates 'systemwide', but rather do it in batches, which makes it difficult to know if the hotel you're looking at has recently been updated or is due for an update.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]