Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) Staybridge Suites

Pluto123
By Pluto123,
in

I'm looking for some help in trying to identify the following hotels from Hotwire for a stay on July 27-29.

4.5-star hotel in Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove Area - $72

Fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, golf, tennis

3-star hotel in Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove Area - $39

Fitness center, pool, business center, high speed internet, golf

2-star hotel in Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove Area - $33

Complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool, business center, high speed internet, golf

2.5-star hotel in Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove Area - $64

Suite, complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool, business center, laundry, high speed internet, golf

Thanks!

What type of hotels do you typically stay in... are you really considering both a 4.5* property as well as a 2* property for this stay? Does a 2.5* property at $64 seem like a realistic possibility when there is a higher rated 3* property for $25 less OR a 4.5* property for just $8 more?

It can take a considerable amount of time to identify HOTWIRE properties, please post only the hotels which are legitimate considerations. (as opposed to every hotel in the zone which appears in the zone)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, let me try this again!

I guess if I have to narrow it down, it would be the 3*** hotel for $39, or the 2.5** for $64.

It's interesting that there's only an $8 difference between the 2.5** and the 4.5**** hotel though. It makes me curious what the 4.5**** hotel is.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at a 3.5 star hotel for $59 on July 27th - 29th.

Oak Brook hotel

Amenities listed are:

- Suite

- Comp breakfast

- Fitness

- Pool

- Restaurant

- Business

- Laundry

- High speed internet

I don't see any 3.5 star hotels in the Hotwire list. Could this be the Embassy Suites? I'd prefer the Embassy Suites. Used the links on Better Bidding.

Thanks!

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm wishing I had just booked the hotel that seemed to be the Embassy Suites. Unfortunately I didn't and my wife will be disappointed. So let's look at my options (and please be kind, I know I was stupid!).

Do I wait and hope the Embassy Suites or another suite hotel becomes available closer to the trip? Could Embassy Suites become available again?

Or can you help me ID these two hotels? And BTW, dates are now July 26-29 (added the 26th).

3* hotel - Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove

Fitness

Pool

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf

2* hotel - Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove

Comp breakfast

Fitness

Pool

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Golf

Could any of these be the Hyatt Place? I haven't seen it show up much lately.

Thanks.

I really don't want to spend more than $60 per night. Of course $40 range is better. I'd love to get a suite hotel if possible--separate bedroom for parents, and sofa bed for kids. If a complimentary breakfast is included, all the better! I need to be in the Downers Grove-Lombard-Oak Brook area for a meeting. Three night stay. Thanks.

The above properties have not yet been reproted to the board, but if you change your search to 4adults there is a 3.5* property for $46/nite and a Tripadvisor rating fo 4.0/5.0. This property has not yet been identified either, but with the added TA info, you at least know it's well reviewed by previous guests and you'd be getting a higher star rated hotel for just a few dollars more than the 3* or 2*.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes.

My guess is this is the Doubletree Hotel Oak Brook, based on the Trip Advisor rating of 4 out of 5. It also says that the last review date is December 2008. Looking at Trip Advisor, there is a hotel with a December 2008 review, and it is the Doubletree Hotel Oak Brook. Does that sound right?

Thanks for taking time to reply AaronJB. I'm looking at the 3.5* when trying the search for 4 adults as Thereuare mentioned. Right now it's showing for $49 a night.

If it is the Doubletree Hotel Oak Brook, I'm not sure that's the best hotel for my situation. That may be a little crowded for me!

My guess is this is the Doubletree Hotel Oak Brook, based on the Trip Advisor rating of 4 out of 5. It also says that the last review date is December 2008. Looking at Trip Advisor, there is a hotel with a December 2008 review, and it is the Doubletree Hotel Oak Brook. Does that sound right?

Definately seems plausible.

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet. Lombard/OakBrook/DownersGrove area. Right now I'm looking at a stay on 7/26 - 7/29, for 2 adults 2 children. Results are:

- 3.5* for $50 with fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, golf - DoubleTree Oak Brook?

- 3* for $48 with fitness, pool, business center, high speed internet, golf - Holiday Inn??

If I change it to 4 adults and no children I get:

- 3.5* for $50 with fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, golf - DoubleTree Oak Brook? - as above?

- 3* for $42 with fitness, pool, business center, high speed internet, golf - is this the same as above?

I guess my questions are:

- Does it make a difference what combintation of children/adults you choose, will you still get the same results?

- Does it matter what area you search. Example, if I type Lombard, do I get a different result when I choose Oak Brook

Thanks for your help.

The Lombard/Oak Brook searches should still yield the same results.

Different combinations of adults/children may yield different results.

May I ask what you are seeking in terms of hotel?

The 3.5* has not yet been ID'd. The 3* would be a match for the HI.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase.

I had a thought about using Priceline. In looking at the Priceline Hotel List, it seems that 3 of the 4 hotels listed as 3.5* are suite hotels. The other 3.5* hotel is the DoubleTree Oak Brook. It would seem my odds would be pretty good to get a suite hotel using Priceline. And if I got the DoubleTree Oak Brook, at least it's the same hotel I would have received if I got a 3.5* on Hotwire (at least that's my guess). Also, there is a 3.5* of the DoubleTree Guest Suites listed as a win in June 2009. It shows as a 3* on the PricelineHotel List. So that could be a possibility as well. I realize using Priceline does not guarantee accomodations for four.

AaronJB, does that strategy make sense?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]