Priceline Hotel: Extended trips in NW Chicago

MissPoofy
By MissPoofy,
in

I am in the process of relocating to the Buffalo Grove area. Another year in a transition period where I'll be renting. Of course I am bound by the terms of my current lease which will be up in late August. I am looking for advice on how to (as a last resort) look into bidding on an Extended Stay (is it Extenda Stay?) type place.

Has anybody done this type of thing in the NW suburbs of Chicago with good results? I am in the pre-shopping period of my journey of finding a new place to live, and always plan for the worst and hope for the best. In other words, if my dream place is not available, do I have a decent shot at staying at an Extenda-whatever via priceline or hotwire, by only spending roughly 30 to 45 dollars a night? I do not want to spend a year "settling" for a place. If it means putting things in storage for a few weeks up to a month, staying at a hotel, and then moving into my new castle, then it's worth the month of misery for a year of happiness.

Thanks for any help in advance. Also, off topic, any advice about movers, etc. would be greatly appreciated. (And yes, I will be using the magical links from this site to do my purchasing of Priceline or Hotwire deals)... If I broke the rules of going off topic, please just delete my post. I understand.

Cheers and Thank you! :)

A few others have lived in hotels for an extended period of time and a few things to keep in mind...

You need to be flexible as your extended stay type room may not always be the one you receive or available. You will sometimes receive rooms without a kitchen and/or refrigerator which makes things a bit more difficult to live 'normally'.

You may also not be able to get the longest period available or the most convenient location. When PRICELINE first came out it was probably a bit easier as it was new to everyone involed, so hotels may have been less sophisticated in how they priced rooms and there was also less competition from other guests. It may be tough to get a 21 day stay on PRICELINE (although HOTWIRE now allows up to 28 days or so, i believe). If something in happening in your area you may also see prices spike for a few days, at which point you either have to resort to paying it or staying a bit further out than you might like. On the flip side, hotel occupany is generally down so that may help your situation a bit.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Sheraton Suites in the Arlington Heights area often comes up for fairly cheap. That would at least be a pretty nice place to stay for a month. There would be a refrigerator in the room and they provide a microwave by request. While it wouldn't have the kitchenette another suite property might have, the trade-off would be nicer surroundings.

What are you looking for in terms of a new place? What are the dates of travel for the stay in question?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]