Priceline Hotel: New Years Eve - New Orleans

AceMJM
By AceMJM,
in

Well I had this great idea to try to get a hotel in New Orleans for New Years Eve, 12/30-1/2.....I bid up to $80 in all locations in the 4* and Boutique categories with no luck. I think I was a bit too hopeful, so I'll probably up the $$$ a bit. Any tips on holiday season bidding??? Thanks!

Molly

In addition to New Year's Eve being big in New Orleans because it's so ideal for that, there's a huge crowd in town for the Sugar Bowl then. Priceline availability will probably be slim to none. You might want to consider lower star levels and/or the Metarie suburb. Other than that I would make a cancelable back-up and just keep bidding every 72 hours. Who knows, maybe something will come up.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is it just the nite of New Year's Eve that you would be there? (please post the actual dates of your stay)

I did a Hotwire search for the nite of 12/31 and there is a 4* hotel for $79/nite. The description matches what has previously been reported to be associated with the Hyatt and the Sheraton (both have the same star rating and amenities shown).

I would lower to 3* and bid less than $79 (we'll suggest a specific strategy if you would like) and then if rejected opt for the Hotwire offer.

An even better idea would be to come to NYC and get the Hyatt that others have been receiving for under $40/nite!!

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Mass transit (via the PATH train) is available within walking distance from all of the hotels that have thus far been reported in Jersey City.... in the case of the Hyatt the PATH entrance is about 50 feet from the hotel's entrance. The PATH is about 17 minutes to midtown and 8 minutes to downtown.

Here's a thread with more info: Visiting NYC... staying in NJ

I live less then 2 miles from this area so i'm very familiar with it and can answer any additional questions you might have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]