Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New Haven-West Haven La Quinta Inn

Disney Fan
By Disney Fan,
in

HI! I'm having a really hard time planning the last portion of my trip to NewYork. Could someone give me a hand?

I'm driving down from Canada and I thought it would be a good idea to stop in New Haven,Ct and stay the night, leave the car there and take the Metro-North train into Grand Central Station the next day. I've found a good deal on a hotel through HOTWIRE and I think the whole idea sounds great but bad luck tends to follow me around. I can't get any real person to talk with at the station there to ask about their parking situation and how the meters work etc.... It's on the website but I'm fearful that there won't be any parking left on a Sunday and then what do we do? I've never bought a train ticket through a machine and in general, I guess I'd feel more comfortable dealing with a live person re: schedueling and tickets. I don't want to go ahead and book the hotel until I feel confident in this train situation. I'm wondering if I should just drive further to Stamford.

Can anyone whose taken this route walk me through it? Thanks so much!

this is from the Metro North web site:

The Parking Operator is New Haven Parking Authority. Please call this number - 203-946-8936, for further information
I've never taken this train, but this is mainly a commuter line and I would think that the parking lots will fill up on weekdays.

If you do make it to New Haven, Frank Pepe's Original Neopolitan Pizzaria is destination pizza. Expect to wait in line for a table.

Thank you for the info. Has anyone else taken this route or know the station or can walk me through? We'll be leaving on a Sunday so I don't know how crowded it will be for parking and what to do if there isn't any left. We'll be gone for 3 days. Reading this now, I think it seems a bit childish of me to have these reservations but like I said, bad luck follows me around and if something can go wrong, it usually does.

I'm looking at a hotel for New Haven ( West Haven) on Hotwire and there are 2, with one being a 2 star and the other a 2 1/2 star. I'd really like to get the La Quinta as it's close to the train and I already talked to them about parking at their hotel complimentary for 3 days. Of course I'd like to have a cheaper Hotwire price than going through them but I know I can't guarantee it will be the one. Somewhere I saw a couple of people write that the 2 star with the amenities listed as [ Airport Shuttle, Complimentary breakfast, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry and High Speed Internet] was the LaQuinta but on the Hotwire site, it's the 2 1/2 star that has those amenities. The 2 star one doesn't show anything really. Can someone help me determine which one is the La Quinta so I have a better chance? Thank you

O.K. I called them and they informed me that there is no parking at the Station St train station . Only at the Union St one and that it's $11 for 24hrs and I shouldn't have a problem on a Sunday.I'll take whatever Hotwire hotel I get in West Haven and not worry about it any longer. Thank you for that #. It helped a lot! Elisa

Please add a reply with the date of your stay and we'll have a look.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (also note from our suppport.page we're an affiliate of the La Quinta so please check there for our link if you ultimatley end up booking direct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can't know for certain, but it would appear that the La Quinta has been upgraded to a 2.5* property. It has been 6 months since this property was reported, and HOTWIRE did a major restructuring of their star rating system around the beginning of the year, so it's entirely possible that it has been upgraded, just no reported wins to the board yet.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]