Priceline Hotel: 3* Milwaukee (South) Wyndham Airport

theairstrange
By theairstrange,
in

Well this did not go as planned and I probably could have bid lower for this hotel. Here is the story....

This Tuesday, I started bidding on 4 rooms for the weekend of 7/17 to meet up with relatives in Milwaukee. Seeing on this forum that 3 1/2 star hotels were going for $40 to $45/night, I began bidding at $38, and used 3 re-bid zones going up to $45. That didn't work, so I closed the browser and bid $45 for a 3* then a 2 1/2*. Nothing worked.

Frustrated at this point, I checked the Milwaukee events calendar to find that there is a PGA Golf Tournament in town that weekend, as well as Italian Fest among other things. Knowing this would be an all out battle, I decided to wait 24 hours and try my strategy again - no dice. Got up to $65 for a 3 1/2* downtown, $58 for a 2 1/2* downtown - still no wins. Waited another 24 hours and after losing with a $70 bid for 3 1/2* downtown and $65 for a 2 1/2* downtown, I decided this zone was going to be too rich for my blood.

I then bid $58 for a 3* in the South/Airport area and it was accepted immediately. Now I'm kicking myself because I probably could have won it for less, but that bid seemed decent after my struggles to get something downtown. So, if anyone else is trying to book a hotel in Milwaukee for this weekend - you will pay dearly for downtown, but probably can get a better deal elsewhere.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but hopefully it is helpful if anyone else runs into difficulty.

I used the PRICELINE link on this site.

Congratulations on your success!

While this may have been available for less, it's still a nice deal compared to the nearly $100/nite at the hotel's website, during what is likely to be busy dates in the area.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]