Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Vance

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

Hi, We are looking for 2 rooms(my sister is coming with us) for Fri.Nov.26/04 1night in Seattle. There is a Hotwire 3* for $90 which has:Cust.Fave,Comp.Brkfast,POOL,fitness ctr,hispd internet, selfserve laundry. Customer reviews were good(of course!lol) and one reviewer mentioned that the complimentary shuttle service for downtown was wonderful. Now I know Sea has a free downtown shuttle service. But I can not find a 3* listed WITH POOL. ???? We kind of wanted as pool, that is why I am thinking of Hotwire. I know I could get the Hyatt in Bellevue on Priceline or pay $109&55 for the family rate on Hyatt's site. But they do not have a pool.:-( If you have any idea of the Hotel could you please let me know. I can not believe Sea costs more than Miami!!lol Thanks for your help.

I wonder if this could be the Springhill Suites or the Summerfield Suites, both of which have all of those amenities including a shuttle (I'm not sure about laundry, but I think so). Springhill Suites is a 2* on Priceline and Summerfield Suites is a 2.5* on Priceline. But I've stayed at both and they are very nice places that deserve a higher rating. The only reason they don't is due to their lack of a full-service restaurant. Hotwire rates differently, so these could be a 3*.

You can tell by the shuttle that the hotel is not in the heart of downtown, obviously, so it's probably in the northern part of the zone. I think either of these two hotels is quite likely.

EDIT: I've read the Customer Review comments, and now I'm not so sure. One comment says "The hotel was superb, conveniently located in the heart of The Pike Street Market District." Now Summerfield Suites is on Pike Street, but it's not really in the heart of that district. You have to walk a few blocks. Who knows what the commentator meant, though. Another comment mentions "town car service to the airport." I know that Summerfield Suites offers that. Based on the Pike Street comment, I'd exclude Springhill Suites, though.

I also found a Customer Favorite comment regarding the user's room having a balcony. Digging a little deeper into WillTravel's guesses shows some of the rooms at the Summerfield Suites have balconies... it doesn't appear (from the photograph) that any rooms at the Springhill Suites have balconies, but maybe WillTravel or somebody else from the area could confirm (or call the Springhill Suites and ask them if any of the rooms have balconies).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked Hotwires rates. They have been fluctuating by a few dollars for all the hotels I have been checking. My question is:The same Hotel I asked you about now has Reviews that say different things than the other day. Do they rotate the reviews on their Hotels?? I assume it is the same Hotel. Is this a common thing Hotwire does?? Ex:the other day it said:"compl.shuttle service" etc. Today that review is not there. Thank-you. (I think I just answered my own question as I went to recheck and the reviews are now the same as the other day.)

Just got Vance 3*downtown Sea for US$58 plus taxes&fees=$70.06 per room(2 rooms) for Nov.26/04 a night.

I was not really thinking when I bid. As you know, I have been trying to get this date. So I put in $58, and it was accepted. Boohoo-maybe I could have gotten it cheaper! :-( It will suffice for the night. There is no pool, and valet parking is $18/day. I am sure we will be able to find cheaper parking around at an outside parking lot.)

I hope someone will assure me this is a decent rate.

Now to phone and request 2 doubles in 1 of the rooms and NON smoking rooms!

Edit:I did go through savingsbarn.com

Thank you for the support! :)

Glad to at least see you have a roof over your head for the nite... even if not at your prefered hotel.

I usually say i can put up with almost anything for one nite... hopefully it will work out ok for you. Please add your comments to our HOTEL REVIEW section upon your return.

Enjoy your stay, and thanks again for the support... it's quite appreciated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: Phoned the Vance about 10 days ago after I won this Hotel and they said it was US$30 extra for 2 double beds after I requested Non-Smoking rooms. I was inquiring about "bringing the kids".

Well, I phoned today and they said $10 extra for 2 double beds. I will definitely phone them again before we go.

Just an FYI for anyone who might want to get 2 Double beds through their Priceline win at the Vance, they stick to the Priceline rules!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]