Priceline Hotel: 3* Cape Cod (Eastham) 7/12/09-7/17/09

KidA
By KidA,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding.

I don't know the history for this hotel. But best rate is $187/night for your stay. So i would try a few $ more to see if you maybe get a counteroffer.

Have you looked at HOTWIRE for your stay? Or you want to go for PRICELINE only?

Yes, your rebid zones are Provincetown and Sandwich

Yellowdog.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I'm confused... did you win the Four Points (as reflected in your topic title) or were all your bids rejected?

If the latter, what is the best available rate at the Four Points website for this stay? What is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about the format of my header. Feel free to edit it. I was rejected all 3 times. I am willing to go 20-30 higher so I will rebid tomorrow using this sites PRICELINE links.

Yellowdog, Thanks for the info. I cant find out a price on HOTWIRE I get an Error #1910 every time I try to search those dates for eastham.

I'm new at this, but I won the Four Points Eastham on Priceline a few days ago (for $110 for this coming Saturday night) and was able to make 4 bids per day (not just 3) using the re-bid zones.

Someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an example of the strategy I used:

1. Bid $95 3* Eastham

2. If rejected add Sandwich and bid $100

3. If rejected close out browser and start again with 3* Eastham + Provincetown and bid $105

4. If rejcted add Sandwich and bid $110

Also, I checked HOTWIRE for your dates and it looks like the only 3* available right now is in Falmouth. Even if something does come up Hotwire groups Chatham-Eastham-Brewster together, so if you really want to be in Eastham I wouldn't recommend using HOTWIRE as you might win a hotel in one of the other towns.

Hope this helps!

1. Bid $95 3* Eastham

2. If rejected add Sandwich and bid $100

3. If rejected close out browser and start again with 3* Eastham + Provincetown and bid $105

4. If rejcted add Sandwich and bid $110

Thanks. I will try this tomorrow. I thought I might get a little lower since it was all weeknights. I guess not.

I'm actually surprised you didn't get it yet either, because I saw someone else report winning the Four Points Eastham for Friday for only $70.

I thought my higher rate was just because it was a Saturday, but I guess we never really know whats going on with PRICELINE!

Keep in mind that there is no way to guarantee that you will actually win this specific hotel, there could be another 3* Eastham that hasn't been reported yet.

Good luck and keep us posted, I hope that bidding strategy works for you!

Due to the star rating it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but if this property works well for your plans then i would use it as a back-up (and if cancellable book it to lock in the rate and protect yourself from any price increases) while you continue to try to 'better' this deal thru PRICELINE.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do.

I ended up renting a studio on commercial street in Provincetown for 6 nights @ $750. I did go by the Sheraton and Ocean Park in Eastham and they look nice but are not in walking distance of much.

Thanks for all your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]