Priceline Hotel: 4* Palm Springs Hyatt Regency Suites

iahphx
By iahphx,
in

Good deal for the holidays. I think some other mid-week days between X-mas and New Years might also be available. I tried for the New Year's weekend at $65, however, and it was not available. But my previous experience with Palm Springs at that time of year tells me to rebid closer to arrival for the peak days.

BTW, I've stayed in this hotel and it's a nice one. Not quite the lavish grounds of the "resorts," but better rooms (they really are suites), good location "in town" and there are nice mountain views from many of the rooms. The Hyatt website's cheapest rates are $225, so I think this is my "best value" (at least domestically) on priceline this year.

Yes, it was my first bid -- I did start at "resorts" for $70 with no luck.

Based on historical experience, I don't think it will go for less than $65 this time of year, but somebody with patience could try. There aren't really free zones in Palm Springs, but you could try first bidding a little lower for the Palm Springs zone and then adding that other zone (Rancho Mirage, etc.). Or wait 3 days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]