Priceline Hotel: Looking 4* Seattle 7/21-7/23

JasonB824
By JasonB824,
in

So far I have bid $86 and $92 and failed. I see others getting great deals during the weekdays that are lower than my initial bid. Is something going on that week? On hotwire I have seen the Pan Pacific range from $113-$125. Is there a specific day of the week or time that works better?

I just can't figure out why the week before and the week after, people are getting in the $80's.

Rates are date specific...

Take the recent win posted today at the Sheraton for $90... hotel direct rates for that nite are $139/nite. For dates, the Sheraton is selling for $199/nite. Higher hotel direct rates is indicative of higher demand (which causes prices to go up). Higher hotel direct rates usually translate to higher opaque rates as well.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Odd... HOTWIRE has a 4* in Downtown-Pike Place for $107 on 7/21 (the Sheraton) and a 4* for $108 on 7/22 (the Westin), but the best rate for a 4* for both nights is $169! I don't normally advocate splitting bids because of the extra Priceline fees and the possibility of having to switch hotels, but it looks like splitting might save you enough money here to make it worthwhile.

See that's what I mean, my days don't make sense compared to what others are getting on here. Maybe it will work itself out in the next few days. I really thought I would get something by the time I got to $100, ah well. I'll keep bidding/analyzing and update this thread when I make a final decision.

Imagine the following scenario:

HotelA

Nite1: $110

Nite2: $200

HotelB

Nite1: $200

Nite2: $110

Searching for two nites the best rate you'll be offered is $155 (the lowest average rate at either hotel) but searching for each nite individually you can stay for $110/nite. (but will need to switch hotels during your stay)

The fact that you're being offered two different properties when searching for each nite individually reinforced the above scenario.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for 'closing' this thread with what you decided to do for this stay.

Please note that we're an affilaite of the Best Western as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies... please use the links in our support page for your future hotel direct bookings.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]