Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Cleveland (Downtown) Doubletree Downtown Lakeside

Jneemz
By Jneemz,
in

3.5* Downtown Cleveland at HOTWIRE,

listed at $53

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply. Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal. Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary. Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply. <amenity names only please... not descriptions> Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Hotels that I like in the Area

Hyatt Regency

Crowne Plaza

Hilton Garden Inn

Renaissance

HOping to get one of these.

Or should i go to PRICELINE, and put in a bid for 3.5+ in the downtown cleveland area, if so what would be an appropriate bid?

Thanks,

If i didn't follow some rule here, i'm sorry im new.

The above is a match for the Doubletree Downtown Lakeside so that would be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (simply means please click our HOTWIRE link to access Hotwire to begin your purchase)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you looked at the priceline hotel list for Ohio?

There is a list there of the hotels that have been reported for each zone. Obviously you could receive a hotel not listed but those are the most likely. Many of the ones you listed have been won.

It's really up to you how much risk makes sense for this trip. $53 seems like a rather good deal for what is probably the Doubletree, if that would work for you.

Not really sure how priceline works.

I did the name your price and save up to half off.

I selected Downtown Cleveland, and then selected 4 star 50

then i did 3.5+ and 63

Now im out of bids, how does this work and it will it ever tell me what my minimum bid should be?

What should i do, keep trying? Bid Higher? will the prices end up dropping?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I'd recommend you stop bidding for a moment, learn a little more about PRICELINE, then move forward with a better bidding strategy.

It's usually not recommend to Lower Your Bid Priceline if you Lower Your Star Rating (you raised your bid pirce while lowering your star rating) Please read the previous link and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

When bidding Cleveland at the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have SIX re-bid zones. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones at each star level with the board. If you're confused then ask for help and we'll break it down further for your step-by-step.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

if priceline says to increase your offer price You should consider a price above your original offer of $60 per night to increase your chances of getting a hotel room in the Cleveland, OH area. is that just standard when I get rejected or is that definitly true?

Have any of you, seen the list of hotels, a few weeks before, and waited until last minute and have found more/different choices?

Im wondering if waiting 1 week before is too late. I cant seem to find any 3.5*+ Cleveland Downtown 7/17-19

Anyone have any experience with this?

if priceline says to increase your offer price You should consider a price above your original offer of $60 per night to increase your chances of getting a hotel room in the Cleveland, OH area. is that just standard when I get rejected or is that definitly true?

It depends upon whether you're adding a re-bid zone, a 'live' zone, or lowering your star leve.

Have you read the links we provided in our last post? Do you understand re-bidding? Were you able to identify your re-bid zones at the 4* and 3.5* levels?

Once again:

Please keep all posts pertaining to this stay in this same thread
If I use a freerebid by taking a different zone and I get rejected, does that mean 24 hours from that rejection, or from the past stuff.
In this scenario your re-bid attempt resets the 24 hours clock.
so the amentities, are the last 4, which is - the Pool+ Laundry from the last one.
Please re-list the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with this property, it makes it easier than backtracking thru this thread to know what "the last 4, which is - the Pool+ Laundry from the last one" is supposed to refer to and eliminates any potential confusion as to what we're supposed to be looking for.

Since you appear to have recently bid for this stay, how much was your rejected bid? What is the price of this HOTWIRE offering? Will you be attempting to bid again before considering this HOTWIRE property?

I have rebid using free rebids many times this week and have even hit up to $85 for 3.5+ which is more than i see many people doing.

As for Hotwire

I noticed today that it is just Business, High Speed Internet, Restaurant, and Fitness, and the price rose 20 bucks.

Also trip advisor 4.0 out of 5 based on 80+ reviews

This doesn't match doubletree.

Is this crowne? or Hyatt?

Hotwire offers 72

Great now its back to the same amentities as listed first post and no trip advisor rating!

...now its back to the same amentities as listed first post and no trip advisor rating!
I'm sure you know which 'first post' you're refering to, but the rest of us do not. Please include (ie- list them) the amenities in your future posts.

To make this easier, here is what i'm currently seeing searching for your dates for 1adults/1chid:

3.5* $55 Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Internet, Business, Laundry

<no TA info>

This is a match for the Doubletree so that would be my best guess

2.5* $65 Breakfast, Fitness, Internet, Business Laundry

4.0/5.0 with 60+ reviews

Best guess for this poroperty is the Holiday Inn Express

Do either of these work for your needs?

For PRICELINE, is Renaissance the only 4 star hotel in downtown cleveland, or is intercontiental.

* Remote Control TV with Premium Channels

* Telephone with Voicemail

* Radio Alarm Clock

* Iron and Ironing Board

* Hairdryer

* Business Services

* 24 Hour Front Desk

* Full Service Restaurant

* Room Service

* Bellman

* Concierge

* Fitness Center Access

This is the hotel that I was given the option to get. It says Someone just won 4 star downtown cleveland with these amentities.

When PRICELINE shows you those amenities they are star category specific, so in your example above, those are the amenities associated with PRICELINE's definition of a 4* hotel, and not unique to the specific hotel that was won. You'd still be bidding on a 4* hotel in that zone, but necessarily on the specific one they're refering to.

Decided not to extend my stay on priceline for the intercontinental suites Cleveland Clinic, and decided to save some money

Used the link found in thereuare's signature to complete my purchase. Overall I'm happy with this, although if a hotel with a better location had come up on priceline I probably wouldn'tve pulled the trigger.

Thank you

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to book this

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]