Your Offer Price: HK$695 (~89 US$)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: HK$695

Taxes: HK$110.89

Processing Fee: HK$75 (per offer)

Total Lodging Charges: HK$880.89

-----

Happy with this place... - I didn't want to risk the Park Plaza (or Bestern Western Premier nowadays, after the name change) anymore.. so I didn't bid for 4-star.. and just went ahead with 5-star.. starting at 545 HK$ and just adding 50 HK$ three times.. till I got the Sofitel...

Sofitel.com says special internet rate for this date for two incl. b/f 116 Eur, so not extreme saving (HK$881~90 EUR), but still ok.

Hi Chris!

Thanks for finally figuring out what that 5* hotel in Cologne is!!! I'd never have thought it was the Sofitel... Go figure.

This is what I hate about some of these deals though: Your accepted price of 90 Euros comes out to be more than you could have paid if you had booked thru accor.com since their rate is 116 Euros WITH breakfast (and we've all gotta' eat, right?!). Breakfast alone at the hotel is 17 Euros per person, so you'll end up spending 124 Euros (assuming there's 2 of you). What a rip!!!

And there's no way to file a claim under their best price guarantee since technically, their rate IS lower than if booked directly thru the hotel.

I hope you find the time to give us a review after your stay... I for one would be very interested in what you think of the place and if you can recommend it.

Happy travels!

DeltaPurser :)

Thanks, DeltaPurser.. the Sofitels have appeared several times for Europe PL bookings already so I wasn't really surprised... I was expecting the Intercontinental or the Sofitel... (and hoping for the Hyatt Regency ;-) )...

Well, maybe I could have gotten it somewhat cheaper but there were no free re-bids ... so what...

I've read positive reports about the Sofitel Mondial in German cosumer sites already, so I am quite confident.

For sure, I will post a review and pictures in realhotelphotos.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]