Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Westminster) NH Jolly St. Ermins

jrwessling
By jrwessling,
in

First time user. Great resource. I have been reviewing this site for a couple weeks and recently started practicing the PRICELINE process by making lowball bids for 5* hotels in London. Tonight I took the plunge and bid for a 4* in Westminster using your link for PRICELINE. I bid $90 for the period 06AUG-10AUG 2009 and got the NH Jolly St. Ermins on the first bid. The hotel website price range for this period is 113-125 GBP per night (approx. $190). The HOTWIRE price for a 4* in Westminster is $129/night. Having lived in London during the 90's, I am very pleased with the location of the hotel for sightseeing. Reviews were mixed, however I'm farily low maintenance so can't see there being a problem. BTW, first time I've ever posted, so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Please let me know if I did not provide all the information.

I'm will also use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to find a hotel in Paris and possibly Versaille for the period 01AUG-06AUG. Any thoughts for finding a place in Versaille? Thanks!

Encouraged by jrwessling's experience, I tried to snare 4 nights x 2 rooms myself@ 90 US $. Did NOT get as lucky.

Anyway, I persisted, adding more zones & when I added the zone of Kensington - Earls Court-Knightsbridge, I got the Hotel we least wanted - Copthorne Tara for US $ 110 per night (+ about $ 20 per night in fees/room taxes).

Anyway, it is a particularly bad time in London to get ANY accomodation, Hotwire have been erratic and a dreadful waste of time, & have been looking at other web-sites for days.

I just hope the Hotel is decent & REALLY 4 star.

Sick of trying in London!

jrwessling

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

Great to see that you're satisfied with your hotel.

Have nice stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. please start a new topic for your Paris stay so the board can help you with that.

dhmadm

Can please post your win inc. the dates in a separate post so it can appear in boards Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins

Thanx in advance

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]