Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Charlotte (Executive Park-South) Renaissance Suites

vo1one
By vo1one,
in

Was expecting the Marriott given all the recent wins in this zone and kind of hoped for it given Tripadvisor's #8 rating. However under closer inspection it appears that several new users with 1 review each made the same day that their accounts were created gave the property 4 and 5 stars with a couple sentences of text. Looks like self promotion to me. I reported it but I guess TripAdvisor disagrees. Anyway, we were very pleased with the Renaissance. Our complaints were very minimal. The check-in was a bit disorganized at first as it seemed one person was running between the three podiums/desks at check in and trying to assist everyone at once. The maid parked her cleanup cart right in front of our door when we left one day. On the plus side, there was a pool and a hot tub. Didn't see mention of the pool on the website. There was a sauna but it didn't seem to be working correctly. The room was very spacious with a fridge and microwave, two flat screen HDTV's (with analog signals), a two line phone, king bed and a sofa bed. There was wireless internet but it was pay. The hotel is a few minutes off of I-77 but not terribly difficult to get to. Not really within walking distance of anything, though. Free parking so if you have a car you can be in downtown in 10 minutes if the traffic is favourable. Compare that with the $18/day parking at the downtown hotels this is a very good value.

However under closer inspection it appears that several new users with 1 review each made the same day that their accounts were created gave the property 4 and 5 stars with a couple sentences of text. Looks like self promotion to me. I reported it but I guess TripAdvisor disagrees.

I had complained about the same thing with a restaurant that was repeatedly reviewed with short, one or two line, positive reviews, from anonymous users. TripAdvisor replied that the reviews were from their new facebook application. :)

Just what we need - a bunch of anonymous, low content reviews.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]