Priceline Hotel: Is NYC 4* possible 6/24/09-6/28/09 for less than $143?

erinys
By erinys,
in

This is Gay Pride Week in NYC, and the 40th anniversary of Stonewall so there's been a lot of overseas marketing. Only 1 person has succeeded in getting a Priceline room for Wed 6/24, and it was booked well in advance.

We have a cancellable reservation at the 2.5* Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn Downtown which works out to a Priceline equivalent bid of about $142.50 (sorry, husband made the reservation so it wasn't through your link). We could Hotwire the same hotel for a little less, but Intercontinental hotels has a direct-buy special Buy 2, Get 1 Night Free promotion until July 3 (of course, they aren't saying which hotels are available to use the free night). This hotel is adequate for our needs.

Our destinations include the Lower East Side (Orchard St between Houston and Delancey), the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge, perhaps Coney Island, perhaps 5th Ave in the northern Park Slope area, perhaps Williamsburg.

It remains to be seen whether we would want to be in Manhattan, but should we want to, I'd like to get an idea if it even sounds possible.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I think $142.50 (at least based on the rates I'm seeing) is possible in Manhattan, although for a 4* you would probably have to bid at least close to that. Would you be interested in a 4* or are 3*/3.5*'s of interest - what zones are you interested in?

I also see a deal with breakfast and welcome cocktails in Times Square area for $149, but it's only available for 6/24-27.

Which deal are you talking about for the Times Square area? Hotwire or priceline? How many stars?

I think $142.50 (at least based on the rates I'm seeing) is possible in Manhattan, although for a 4* you would probably have to bid at least close to that. Would you be interested in a 4* or are 3*/3.5*'s of interest - what zones are you interested in?

I also see a deal with breakfast and welcome cocktails in Times Square area for $149, but it's only available for 6/24-27.

Sorry for delay in reply. Spouse found a deal on that Brooklyn Holiday Inn Express through Travelzoo for an average of $89/night - can't turn that down. Not sure if this site links to Travelzoo or if the code could have been used by going through here to get to Holiday Inn, but of course he didn't since he doesn't pay attention to what I'm looking into :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]