Priceline Hotel: 3* Windsor, ON (failed bids so far)

Otter7
By Otter7,
in

Topic says it all so far. Bid for 3*, tried at $60 and $70, both rejected, no counteroffer. Fireworks display on the river this night, so prices probably are holding steady, but all hotels showed availability and the two star we usually book at directly is available for $70 so we have a place. Still, if we can get a 3* for $10 more, we will do it! Not much time left...

Thanks, I will take a look. I just called the hotel I usually stay at, I would guess it is about a 2*, and they are even lower than they were last year. I think I will just go back to them at this point. It appears that there are many more rooms available this year than last, but I guess the 3* don't want to let rooms go at a discount in the hopes that they can charge enough more for the ones they fill that it makes up for the empty ones. I'm not going for that, the hotel I will stay at is clean, has a pool, and is convenient to public transit (which takes you to the riverfront for free on fireworks night.) Plus it is far enough away from the youth scene that I won't have to deal with drunk kids making noise all night, which I've read is a problem at some of the central hotels.

What is this 2* hotel?

Sounds like it's in a different zone than you're bidding, so not really an apples-to-apples comparison and if so, you can't use the occupancy level of this hotel to guage the occupancy of a hotel in another area.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and check our support page to see if we havea a direct link to this property you're refering to)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]