Priceline Hotel: Chicago - Priceline

EliteFlyer
By EliteFlyer,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Sears Tower is in the Loop zone while the Navy Pier is in the NMA-River North zone. The two areas are adjacent to one other and easily accessible, but basically it comes down to the Loop being more of a business area that gets quiet at nite while the NMA area is a bit more lively and has more bars, restaurant, etc. However, generally speaking, the Loop is usually a little cheaper than the NMA-River Zorth zone.

What are the date(s) of your stay and budget per nite? (before taxes and fees)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1. While your trip is your own, I ask you reconsider seeing Navy Pier. It's really not worth the time (look up "tourist trap" on wikipedia and there's Navy Pier; that's a pretty accurate description), but that's just my 2 cents. It's really unfortunate, because the space could be put to far better use.

2. The Sears Tower is fine, but the John Hancock is easier to integrate into a day and one can choose to have a drink at the Signature Lounge instead of paying for the observation deck.

3. Parking is going to run you anywhere from $30-50 per night at a hotel downtown, although $40-50 is more common.

4. Are you staying 6/27 only?

If you were staying for more than one night, I'd recommend the burbs. I'd recommend bidding for a 4* in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park area for $65 in an attempt to get the Hyatt, which often appears for lower-than-average (considering Chicago) rates due to the size of the hotel and the amount of rooms needed to fill. The Palmer House is another possibility for this bid.

Please use the site's PRICELINE link to start bidding.

Aaron, thanks for the very useful Chicago travel information. We'll be going there in July, and are in the process of bidding for a decent deal in NMA area through Priceline. We'll see how it goes - we still have a bit of time before our trip.

1. While your trip is your own, I ask you reconsider seeing Navy Pier. It's really not worth the time (look up "tourist trap" on wikipedia and there's Navy Pier; that's a pretty accurate description), but that's just my 2 cents. It's really unfortunate, because the space could be put to far better use.

What about Stained Glass Museum

on the pier? We were thinking of visiting the Pier solely because of it - as I am in the stained glass hobby. Worth it in your opinion?

Thanks much!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]