Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio Riverfront - Downtown

hd_lowrider_ma
By hd_lowrider_ma,
in

After a travel hiatus I am back. Looking for a little guidance 11/1 - 11/3. My show is at the Westin so really prefer Riverfront. I see I have a number of re-bids so my thinking was to start at $60 and increase in $5 increments. What do you think? Hotwire looks to have the Wyndham @ $82 and that is always an option.

As always I will post my results. Thanks for your help.

Two strategies are listed below, but first a note of caution: the 'west' zone is not a re-bid zone. It does not have any 4* hotels but it does have a Resort class and there is always a chance that you could be upgraded... so i wouldn't use that as a re-bid zone. You probably knew that, but just trying to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises. Not counting the west zone, you have 5 re-bid zones.

If the Hotwire hotel is an option for you and you have never purchased from them before, there is currently $10 per Nite Bonus Money available which would reduce your cost by $10/nite (thus making your stay $72/nite).

If you didn't want to go above the $72 mark i would bid as follows:

Select 4* Riverwalk/Downtown and...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

If you didn't want to go above the $82 mark i would bid as follows:

Select 4* Riverwalk/Downtown and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80.

That would be my take on things as it tries to maximize your re-bid zones without exceeding your (hotwire) back-up. If you're not really that thrilled with the Wyndham via Hotwire, nothing wrong with starting at $60 and increasing $5 per re-bid either.

Good Luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]