Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Airport PHL) Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium

glutton
By glutton,
in

I used the PRICELINE link from BetterBidding.com this morning. My first bid @ $36 for 3* in the Philadelphia Airport zone was rejected. I used a free re-bid (Gloucester zone) and increased my bid to $40 and that was accepted, for the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium, which looks like a decent hotel. With taxes and fees, the room is $53.28.

We're arriving at PHL around 6 in the evening, then heading to Hershey the next day, so this should be pretty convenient for our short stay. With this cheap deal, now we can afford to spend a little more on our hotel near Hershey - yay! We'll probably spend a couple of days in Philly the following weekend, but haven't decided what zone we want to stay in for that. Any suggestions for a nice & affordable area to stay & see the sights?

Ok, my topic title seems to have been cut off so the price & dates don't show, and it looks like I can't edit that part. My dates are 8/2-8/3/09. Can an admin person edit this so it displays properly? Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that this property works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

For help with the Philadelphia weekend part of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC so that stay can be followed from start-to-finish in one thread.

Enjoy your stay (and have fun at Hershey Park)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

a very nice price for this hotel

upon your return to the City of Brotherly Love, you should consider the Center City zone so you might be able to walk to some of the sites or take public transportation and avoid parking and driving. On your drive out to Lancaster, you may want to drive via Valley Forge and see the winter encampment of Washington's army, if it went the other way, we'd be having tea at 4, having bangers and mash for dinner and no stars and stripes. While at the Airport HI, you may want to take a short drive to Tony Luke's and have a Roast Pork Italian, it is a better sandwich than a cheesesteak. There is a good sports bar nearby called Chickie's and Pete's as well as McFadden's at the ballpark.

Enjoy!

PS, if going to Hershey Park, try and buy tickets in advance at a Giant Supermarket, they are discounted and you will walk past many others in line trying to buy tickets. I believe you can "preview" the park the night before, 2-1/2 hours prior to closing time with your ticket, call Hersey Park to verify.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]