$10 Bonus Money getting emailed again

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

I haven't received any <yet>, but i'm starting to hear about $10 bonus money getting mailed out again.

Please post in this thread if you can confirm this, and of course, if you're not using yours:

1) Post it here

2) Ask others to PM you

3) PM me the code and i will give it out to the first registered user to PM me

(i will post when somebody PM'd me with it, so don't PM me know <unless you have something to say :) >)

The last 2 options prevent the lurkers from grabbing them :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Make sure in your profile to select that you want to recieve special offers and promotions. Another trick is to open up different accounts with different emails. Set up the account, make a ridiculous bid and than thats it ... from past experience, those who use PL less than others get the bonus offer to get them hooked.

Also, PL tends to mass email bonus offers before it reports quarterly earnings to boost revenue and the percentage of repeat business which it recently boasted to be in the 60% range. This is an improvement from where it used to be in the 30's% but I mean how can a business survive without high satisfaction and repeat business ... leads to questions like why the customers did not come back.

*#@$%#$ People who lurk and steal codes even after specifically not being asked to are probably the same sort of low-lifes that drive 40 in a 55mph zone in the left lane. OK, just had to rant and rave about a couple of pet peeves :)

Oh well, that's the last code I post. Thanks for ruining it for everyone, lurker.

After i saw the code stop working i got to thinking....

maybe i could set up a one forum that unregistered guests couldn't view, just for bonus money links. The entire board is open to anyone that wants to come and visit, but i really try to go out of my way to be a friendly forum, so i wouldn't want to ostracize anyone.

Would setting up one forum that was "protected" like this set bad precedent? Registered users would NOT have to enter an additional password or anything, it would be seemless as long as you were logged in.

What do others think?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, PL tends to mass email bonus offers before it reports quarterly earnings to boost revenue and the percentage of repeat business which it recently boasted to be in the 60% range. This is an improvement from where it used to be in the 30's% but I mean how can a business survive without high satisfaction and repeat business ... leads to questions like why the customers did not come back.

Very interesting, squeegee. I wonder how they would measure repeat business over what time period? A lot of people use hotels only once every year or two, and a lot of those times, they are booked as part of some conference or vacation package. So a lot of customers might have occasion to only use Priceline once every few years. Business travelers with uncertain itineraries might be reluctant to use Priceline. It's easy to see that you will save money in the long run if you have to discard (for example) 25% of the days you bid for, but have a 50% savings on the rate for those days, but most people notice their losses more than their gains.

Anyway, time to create a Priceline business models and patents thread. If someone else does it first, that would be fine too :). Otherwise, I'm going to try to make sure I have it properly researched first.

Azri, i seldom speak for others, but in this case i'll make an exception, and thank you on behalf of everyone here.... you are very generous.

If you use any of the above links, please mention the line number next to the link and i will mark it as "used" in the original post.

If you'd like to post a link, just hit REPLY and then the button that has "http://". You will then paste the link in the first box that appers and then again in the second box (the second box could also just be a description of what the link is, like "Priceline Bonus Money", as this is what will appear in the message instead of the extended link)

Thanks again to everyone who has posted.

Lurkers: Please at least have the courtesy to register, post your winning bid, and let us know that you used a code. Does anyone else have any thoughts as to having one forum "protected" from lurkers?

Ah, the internet business.

But I suspect you're correct -- and it is the end of the month! "Let's make those numbers, boys!"

I also only received a bonus offer on my non-primary email address. Interestingly, I was unsuccessful and tried to reuse it for a "new" bid in a different city. It would not let me access it again. Not sure if that's intentional, or just a momentary glitch.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]