CA San Francisco Airport DoubleTree

djohannw
By djohannw,
in

Sitting in the hotel right now, this is a nice deal. They even offered an upgrade (awful view of the bay and approaching aircraft) and free breakfast upon checkin and presentation of my Gold card. High Speed Internet is currently being installed at the hotel (Wayport) and CURRENTLY free...

Room was decent in size, and had the usual interior (which looked a bit dated but was decent anyhow). Sound-isolation was a bit weak, but still OK. You could hear departing aircraft however (the trade-off for the bay-view room). Bathroom was nice also, and had the full range of toileteries you would expect. Coffee maker was provided. Parking is 13$ a night, and the hotel operates a scheduled shuttle to the airport (three times an hour, shared with the Embassy Suites across the street).

All in all a decent value for the ~30$ per night.

Greetings - Dirk

• 1 year later...

Recently had a 1 night stay here for an early morning flight (paid $31 on PL). The first shuttle to SFO leaves at 4:30 a.m., plus there was complimentary coffee in the lobby. Noticed lots of airline employees staying here. I have stayed more times than I can count at the Hyatt SFO, so was interested in comparing the Doubletree. The room was similar--business-chain hotel style, clean and comfortable. We had no problem with any noise (room faced an inner courtyard). Ate a light dinner in the restaurant and the food was good and reasonably priced (there didn't appear to be any other restaurant options within walking distance). This hotel is more "mellow" and quieter than the Hyatt; DT lobby is much smaller than the Hyatt and only one restaurant. For those who might care, there is no swimming pool at the DT. Front desk said you can use the pool at the Red Roof Inn across the street. Of course no HHonors points or acknowledgment but we at least we got the chocolate chip cookies; front desk staff was to-the-point, business-like, and brusque. Something that might be important to others, I wasn't thinking and gave them my check debit card at check-in rather a normal credit card. Since the room was prepaid and I didn't think much about it. After I left and checked my bank account online later, I was surprised to see they put a $270 hold on my card. How much damage did they think I was going to do? Lesson learned, remember to always use credit card.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]