Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Anaheim-Disneyland South) Crowne Plaza Garden Grve

ccaball
By ccaball,
in

Hi!

I am interested in booking two rooms for 3 adults and 2 kids for July 6, 2009 to July 10, 2009 in the Disneyland area. I would prefer the Crowne Plaza Anaheim Garden Grove, but would be willing to accept any hotel higher than 3.5* rating for those dates. I would like to pay no more than $55 per night. How do you suggest I begin my bidding?

I am also aware that I may have better luck with Hotwire if I want to try to for the Crowne Plaza by looking at the amenities. What amenities, star rating, and location do they usually show on Hotwire for the Crowne Plaza so I can make an educated guess?

Thanks!

Christy

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see the star rating, zone, and amenities associated with the Crowne Plaza by looking in our Hotwire Hotel List.

If you search HOTWIRE does anything at the 3.5* resemble what is listed in the hotel list? (if so we'll take a look at confirm) Be sure to search HOTWIRE for the correct number of rooms and occupancy you have since different offerings may be shown for different occupancy. Is the price within your budget?

Start with HOTWIRE above and we'll see what we believe is the Crowne Plaza is being offered, if so we'll then decide if you want to go wi that or try PRICELINE... or if not showing then we'll suggest a PRICELINE strategy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the prompt reply! It appears that no hotel on Hotwire matches the amenities and star rating for the Crown Plaza during my desired stay. Can you please advise me on the bidding process for PRICELINE to attempt to get the Crowne Plaza on July 6, 2009 to July 10, 2009 for 2 rooms, 3 adults & 2 kids? I would be willing to pay up to $70.

Thanks!!!

Can you please advise me on the bidding process for PRICELINE to attempt to get the Crowne Plaza on July 6, 2009 to July 10, 2009 for 2 rooms, 3 adults & 2 kids? I would be willing to pay up to $70.

There is no way to target this specific property on PRICELINE... are you willing to accept any 3.5* hotel in the Disneyland zone? You seem to state in your original post that this would be fine, but immediately above you mention trying to target this specific property, which can't be done.

Also, do be aware that PRICELINE only guarnatees double occupany, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. You could receive rooms with only one bed in each room and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accomodate your request for a room with two beds. I would think that you'd be "ok" in a family friendly area such as this where the hotels are accustomed to accomodating families (as opposed to NYC where many rooms only have one bed), but it's still a risk that you at least need to be aware of.

Let us know if you're ok with the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow for a 3.5* in the Disneyland zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since you are willing to take the "double occcupancy" risk, when searching HOTWIRE for 2rooms/2adults/2children i do see (on my search at least) what appears to be the Crowne Plaza for $64/nite... did you want to pursue this thru HOTWIRE or roll the dice with PRICELINE?

I am definitely more willing to do the Hotwire option, but I didn't see the Crowne Plaza in my search. I actually have 3 adults and 2 kids, with TWO rooms; not 2 adults and 2 kids as you last stated. With those requirements, do you still see the Crowne Plaza as an option? Thanks.

It doensn't appear to be showing at the moment (replaced with a less expensive hotel) but was there last nite when searching for 2rooms/2adults/2children... this only guarantees double occupancy with each room (just like with PRICELINE), and since you were willing to take the chance with PRICELINE, assumed you would be willing to do so with HOTWIRE as well.

If you want to try bidding, at the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Disneyland...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

I'd start with the above, if rejected don't get discouraged as we're 'fishing' the low end of the range, just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much for the response. I wanted to try Hotwire one last time with the double occupancy situation that you mentioned above. I did a search for:

2 rooms, 2 adults, 2 kids, Check-in 7/5/09, Checkout 7/8/09 and came up with a hotel that says this:

3.5* Anaheim - Disneyland South $56 per night

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

Point of Interest: The BLock at Orange

What hotel do you think this is?

Thanks!!!! I promise to update with my winning bid and to use the link on your website. :-)

That's the one i believe is the Crowne Plaza... but you don't want the similar entry with a Golf icon in addition to the above (which is what i'm currently seeing on my own HOTWIRE search)

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes (or if the above re-appears)

Thanks! I got this on Hotwire and ended up with the hotel you said. I changed the date and some of the occupancy in order to get the Crowne Plaza to show up.

3.5* Anaheim - Disneyland South $62 per night

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

Point of Interest: The Block at Orange

2 rooms, 2 adults, 2 kids (hotel wouldn't show up with the 3 adults, 2 kids option)

July 19-July 22

I'll repost in the Hotwire forum with the proper info!

Thanks again for all your help. :-) Going to book San Diego now!!

3.5* Anaheim - Disneyland South $62 per night

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

Point of Interest: The Block at Orange

First bid for 2 rooms, 3 adults/2 kids. Did not see Crowne Plaza. Bid again for 2 rooms, 2 adults/2 kids (willing to take the chance on having 2 rooms with a king size bed in each), and found the Crowne Plaza so booked it.

Thanks for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see your plans were flexible and that you were able to adjust your plans to when this property appeared.

Glad you're happy with the results and that we were able to help.

If you didn't, please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]