Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Universal Studios-SeaWorld) JW Marriott Grande Lakes

lucymoosey
By lucymoosey,
in

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious from what price you started your bidding on this???

Just for future reference, sometimes Marriott runs special promotions. I found for your dates 179.00 a night with Free Daily Breakfast buffet , free self park (15.98 a day value) 25.00 dollar nightly resort credit and upgrade to Lakefront room upon check in.

I love priceline, but sometimes it pays to look other places as well....only reason I found this promotion was Im thinking of staying here myself and wanted to see whats out there price wise. This offer is good only for online bookings,,,I called them to book and they had no idea what I was talking about but the code worked like a charm online and can be used by anyone,,no restrictions.

By the way this hotel charges: On-site parking, fee: 15.98 USD daily

Valet parking, fee: 21.3 USD daily

Last time I was here self parking was free. This hotel is more for buisness travelers as I remember...so I guess when a company is picking up the tab 16.00 to self park not a big deal but its a killer for familes that want to stay here.

10/4/09-10/6/09 $170 per night

With the added room taxes, parking fees (taxes on that too), it will be over $215 a nite. Breakfast (buffet) in the cafe was something like $32 pp. Internet access is $15 per day.

The property is fairly far from everything else (except the Ritz Carlton - they share the grounds), and they know it with food prices. We didn't feel like driving somewhere to eat, so grabbed a pizza in the lobby bar. The 10" pizza was $13. The diet coke was $4.50. The house wine was $12.

Though the hotel has a convention center attached to it, in 2 stays, we never saw any conventioneers. We only saw children. Locals drop their kids off to spend time in the wandering river pool. When we were there last July 4th, there were easily 1000 children in and around the pool. Few were hotel guests.

We paid (booked thru Marriott) $179 a nite including daily breakfast. The three nights with taxes and parking (NO food billed to the room) came to about $800.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]