Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Detroit (Troy-Madison Heights) Homewood Suite

Garfield
By Garfield,
in

2.5* with the following amenities: Suite, pool (indoor), fitness centre, complimentary breakfast, kitchenette, high speed internet, business centre and laundry (self service).

Booked Oct 9 to 11, 2004.

Homewood Suites Birmingham Troy MI

1495 Equity Drive

Troy, MI 48084

(248) 816-6500

Very close to Somerset Mall. This hotel is away from the road and almost beside the Walmart on Maple Rd (between Coolidge and Crooks). It is just west of the Walmart.

The hotel seems to be new and the finishing would almost rate the hotel as a 3*. The first night we got a room beside the hydraulic elevator and you can hear the hydraulic pump going on and off when someone uses the elevator. Very annoying. We changed room for the second night and it was much better, although it seem the hallways noise seems to come through more than other hotels.

There is a small airport to the immediate south of the hotel and there was flights past 9pm. So ask for a room facing north, away from the elevator and at the end of a hall with little traffic.

The Breakfast was buffet style with scramble eggs, sausages, and french toasts, bread, bagels, english muffins, cereals, juices, yogurt, instant oatmeal and other thing.

Would we go back? Not if I can get the Embassy Suite for $10 to $20 more. I did not see the Embassy suite when I booked this.

As per Thereuare recommendations in another thread, we went to Ann Arbor to take the kids to the Hands-On Museum. The kids are a bit young for most of the exhibits, but we been to many Children Museums, and this one really impressed me. They have a lot of stuff for older kids and is worth a visit. We also drop by Zingerman's for lunch and it was very good. The bread on my Pastrami was the best I ever had, but it was really expensive! One small sandwich, one large sandwich, and one kid meal and one ginger ale came to $35 and change, US dollars too! Really expensive for us Canadians. I should have bought a loaf of the pumpernickel to go, it was really good.:)

Zingerman's is expensive even by a NYers standards... but that still doesn't prevent any of us from wanting to bring things home! :) I had forgotten that i mentioned the hands on museum in an old post, brings back some good memories and i'm glad you enjoyed it. It's such a great town!

Thanks for sharing and reporting your win.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]