Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago Suburbs (OakBrook-Downers Grove) Doubletree Guest Suites

drbeanz
By drbeanz,
in

I'll attend a 3-day course in Chicago downtown area. Parking inside downtown is crazily expensive and so do those parkings at downtown hotels.

I initially aim at hotels in Oak Brook areas, e.g. Hilton and DoubleTree.

1st bid @ $35 and got the Doubletree in Downers Grove. I'm happy that it is still not too far away from Chicago downtown for driving, even if counting the rush hour period. And hotel parking is free.

Doubletree Guest Suites & Conf. Center Chicago Downers Grove 3

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a great rate... especially relative to staying Downtown.

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that this will work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You know, it's only about a half hour on the Metra commuter train from Downers Grove to downtown Chicago. Looks like the hotel is 7 minutes on local roads to the Belmont Metra station on the BNSF line. $4.30 fare each way to Union Station, plus probably $2.50 in meter parking at the station. (Wonder if the hotel runs a shuttle?)

Maybe not worth it? But maybe after you drive in rush hour you'll change your mind...? :)

Where in the city is your course?

MatLab course at 230 W. Monroe, Suite 550, Chicago, IL 60606

Yeah that's just a few blocks from Union Station.

I was reading that there's construction happening at the Downers Grove-Belmont station and the only parking may be metered on the street. But yeah, if I were you, I'd scope it out. It's a very relaxing ride straight into downtown and then you don't have to worry about parking the car once you get down there.

Let us know how it works out.

You could really do the entire trip without even having to bother renting a car, that is, if you're flying in. You may want to look into how much it would cost for public transportation to get to your hotel. It's not TOO far from O'hare.

The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the Belmont train station. Also the free shuttle service goes to the Yorktown shopping area which has LOTS of great restaurants (granted, most of them are chains, but this is the suburbs). If I were you, I'd try to avoid renting a car, just because traffic stinks here. Let someone else drive you around.

As far as the hotel, it's definitely on the plus side of 3.5* hotels in my opinion. You'll have access to a "real" fitness center, complete with locker rooms, and all amentities that are normal for a gym. It's not like the typical fitness center in a hotel which is usually just a couple of pieces of equipment.

You got this hotel for a steal at 35 a night. Congratulations!

Thanks for the info. I'm glad that the hotel will offer shuttles to the Belmont station.

I drive from Iowa to attending the course training, thus it is good to avoid driving inside downtown and I can do some sightseeing.

I would suggest that you leave your car at the hotel and utilize the FREE shuttle. I would make arrangements with the front desk the night before, and you'll have a reserved shuttle waiting for you at the time you request. It takes "5 minutes" (really 10 minutes in rush hour) to get to the Belmont station. Allow 20 to 25 minutes and you'll be fine. Better safe than sorry. Make sure to take their phone number so you can call them and ask for a FREE shuttle pick up. I would NEVER EVER in a million years drive into Chicago. You don't need to, and I'm sure you don't want to spend 40 dollars a day to park.

Good luck, I hope you have a fabulous time. Please find a whopping 30 minutes to work out at their gym... well worth it. Good stress release. Cheers my friend.

-Miss Poofy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]