Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Montreal Hyatt Regency

Steph58
By Steph58,
in

Started at $52, then $54, and got it at $58 (tax & fee = $17). I was kind of surprised actually, as the Hyatt rate for this date is $209 CDN. Had booked several nights there already using Gold Passport points. But when I saw previous posts and how low the rate was going for, I'd be crazy to use points! Need to read up on adding a night, I've never done that before. (I note it says I can do it until 11 a.m. of checkout day? If that's the case, I'll wait then.) Went through the BB PRICELINE link. Thanks to all posters and administrators who post on this board.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and received a great deal at this property.

Note that even when the "add a nite" option is offered, it doesn't guarantee a room for the additional nite... PRICELINE could back and tell you no rooms are available, or that a room is available but at a higher price than your previously accepted bid (at which point you'll be give the option to accept or rejected the higher price). It sounds like you may abe able to use points as a back-up, but just letting you know the above so that you don't wait until the last minute and then find yourself with a room or other options.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Steph,

I was trying to get that hotel for a few days after you and it was very difficult so congrats on such a good deal. I think Stevie Wonder is going to be playing at Place Des Arts right outside the Hyatt Regency so you may want to stay the night of July 1 if you can! You are in Jazz Fest central when it starts.

All the best

mroy,

Thank you for the info--yes I do have the night of July 1 booked with Hyatt points, so I'm looking forward to all the festivities. Then we move onto Quebec--perhaps we'll see AA8833 at the Hilton, as I have that one booked with HHonors points. When I originally booked the flights for this trip I had no idea I'd picked Jazz Festival time. Hadn't even bothered to look at hotels, just was having a hard time getting the award air tickets. I kind of gulped when I discovered the biggest jazz festival in the world was happening around my dates. But it wasn't too bad--any other year and I'd likely been in a mess trying to find a reasonable place to stay.

thereuare,

Right you are, I wasn't able to add another night @ $58. It sure looked like they were going to let me, but when it came to the final page they offered me the next night @ $75 + $20 tax/fees. Seemed slightly deceiving--they get you psyched up, said it would be at the same price, then no-can-do. I decided to try bidding instead, hoping I didn't end up at another hotel. Went up to $63 but rejected and I'm out of free rebids. Might try again in a few days.

If you need help with any additional nite(s) please start a NEW TOPIC.

When PRICELINE offers the 'add a nite' they don't know if you will be trying to add nite(s) to the beginning or end of your stay... there could be availability at the beginning of your stay but not the end, or vice-versa.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]