Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Grand Bahama Island hotel

szymon
By szymon,
in

Hotwire has the following hotel listed for Grand Bahama Island.

Dates: 7/27-8/3

Price: $264/nt

Star rating: 3*

Amenities: Resort, Beachfront, Food and Beverages Included, A La Carte Dining, Watersports/Activities included, Evening Entertainment Included, Daily Activities Included, Complimentary Breakfast, Children's Activity Program, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry Facilities, Tennis Nearby, All-Inclusive

This seems to be a match for the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. I believe this is the only true all-inclusive on the island (the Sheraton/Westin offer all-inclusive rates but I don't think this is either of them. FYI the Sheraton/Westin are being renamed to Our Lucaya Resort on 7/1).

The Hotwire Vacation Packages product seems to list the same amenities EXCEPT FOR All-Inclusive. Not sure why they left it off.

If this is a match, do you think it may be worthwhile to try a "double the difference" guarantee claim? CheapCaribbean.com has the Viva Wyndham listed for $218.50/nt so after "double the difference" my price would be $173/nt. Anyone have any experience with filing such a claim?

Thanks!

Szymon

Best guess is that the above is the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach... i wouldn't worry too much regarding the missing "all inclusive" icon since it's implied by many of the amenities.

As far as Double the Difference goes, HOTWIRE is actually very good about honoring valid claims (one would think that they try to find a loophole to avoid any claim, but that has not been my experience). The obvious risk is that it's a different hotel, but the 'other' risk is that it's a different room type... such as the CheapCaribbean room being in an 'annex' or separate building whereas the HOTWIRE purchase is for a more 'standard' room. I'm not familair with this property to know if there are multiple room classes or not.

Obviously it's a risk since you're "fate" lies in somebody elses hands (ie- HOTWIRE approving your claim) but your logic makes sense to me, with the room class being the biggest obstacle to confirm... are you familair with this property to know if they have 'lesser' rooms which are sold thru 3rd party outlets such as CheapCaribbean?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well it definitely sounds like I should give it a shot.

According to the hotel web site, the hotel has 'superior' and 'superior oceanview' rooms. Expedia and CheapCaribbean both show the same room types.

I will try booking using your HOTWIRE link tomorrow and filing the claim. I'll keep all screenshots in case they need them. Will update you on my results.

Thanks,

Szymon

Well, here's what happened on Monday. The rates went down, on both Hotwire (to $205) and CheapCaribbean.

The new difference between rates combined with a $50 coupon to CheapCaribbean didn't warrant the "risk" that I would get a different property or that my claim will be rejected.

Therefore I decided to book direct with CheapCaribbean.

Thanks for your help and insight.

Szymon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]