Priceline Hotel: Need a bidding strategy for Seattle Pike area

lmogie
By lmogie,
in

Hi

Any help in a bidding stategy for July 11th one night 4* Pike Place area. My friends got the Westin for $122 lon a counter offer last month on Priceling. Westin web site is $249 plus taxes. Or a strategy for a hotel lesser 3* or 3.5* if there is something else close by.

I have bid through the links up to $106 with no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Hotel pricing is dynamic, so you may not be able to duplicate the rate your friends received.

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown Pike Place...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $122

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very difficult date to bid for. Aside from the usual cruise ship business, the American Veterinary Medical Association is holding its annual convention that weekend, with an expected attendance of about 10000. Hotwire has a 4* for $191 (the Westin) and a 3.5* for $222 (the Renaissance). You have 8 rebid zones for a 3.5* bid. You might want to use the same strategy that thereuare gave you for your 4* bids, but start with the second bid in the sequence ($80). Don't be surprised, however, if all of these bids are rejected as well. If you'd like to raise your limit, let us know and we can adjust the strategy.

If you bid for a 3.5* on PRICELINE it's possible you'll win a hotel that's not walking distance from the Westin. The 3.5* Silver Cloud on Broadway gets good reviews but it's on Capitol Hill, more than a mile from the Westin. I don't know if you consider that "close by".

You could also try bidding for a 3* in Lake Union zone. Lake Union is adjacent to Downtown and connected to Downtown via trolley car. HOTWIRE has a 3* in Lake Union for $171.

What is your maximum bid at the 3.5* level? I'd also suggest doing a quick survey of rates for this nite and base your maximum bid upon the best available rate you're able to get outside of the opaque providers, and not on your friend's previous purchase, since that deal is obviously not currently available.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't bother bidding for a 3.5* hotel. Judging from my searches, there aren't any good deals available anymore at the 3.5* level. And, as Colfax mentioned, the Silver Cloud Broadway and Silver Cloud Stadium are not very close to the Westin. How high are you willing to go for a 4*?

Thanks everyone for the help. I am still weighing my options.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]