Priceline Hotel: 4* Copenhagen

jack1200
By jack1200,
in

I have not used PL yet but it seems to be timing!!

From reading the board I would try again bid about $65 & work your way up.

Check the Calendar of Wins (top of page) to see what other are paying.

I am going to try PL Next year for our trip

Good Luck

I think the hotel direct rate is more like $479US (2,549DKK)

I chose one of the last wins for the Marriott when this property was won at $90 and the hotel direct rate is currently $245/nite... indicating your dates have much higher demand. Even though the nitely rate for your stay is twice as high as this previous win, it doesn't necessarily translate to your need to bid twice as much as their win ($180)... it may take even more.

As hotels fill up or have few rooms left to sell they may only offer a very small discount to the opaque suppliers (or no inventory at all). What is the best deal you're able to find at a suitable hotel (not necessarily the Marriott) thru traditional booking channels?

You still do have plenty of time so I'd find a cancellable back-up and then continue to bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So with your next best option at $200-$250 how high are you willing to bid for this stay?

Are any of those rates cancellable? If so you could book that as a back-up and cotinue to bid as your travel dates get closer in hope that some lower priced inventory becomes available.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Rates are date specific, so advice (and biddng limits) given for one set of dates may not be applicable to another set of dates.

As well, i scanned the thread you referenced and that user:

1) received a counter-offer of $107

2) didn't success at $100

Again, are any of the rates you've found from $200-$250 cancellable without penalty?

I found quotes in 1200 DKK with cancellation at the day or day before reservation date. I roughly deleted danish krones by 5 to get dollars.

I never receive any counter-offers , always rejection suggesting to increase my bid, which is impossible, or change date or star rating. I tried 3 stars but Priceline rejected my offer of $150 for 3-star hotels.

With 6 weeks before your stay i'd just sit tight of a week, book a cancellable back-up, and revisit this in 7 days. If you've bid to within 20% of your back-up reservation, no need to push the issue at the moment, given the amount of time before your stay.

Keep us updated.

Jilz,

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when scanning the topic titles on the board and when using the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]