Priceline Hotel: MCO Orlando Midsize Alamo

AnthonyGT
By AnthonyGT,
in

I'm bidding on a car rental for Orlando MCO the last week of June and into July. I've never used Priceline for car rentals before.

From my research it looks like PL only uses Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National. Is this true? The only one of those that presents a problem is Hertz. Our flight home leaves early and I'm a little leery of Hertz since they are offsite and we'll need to take the shuttle to the airport.

Are any of these won more frequently than others?

If I'm looking at a midsize what should my starting bid be?

Thanks!

Tony

Yes, those are currently the rental companies that PRICELINE works with.

What is the best rate (daily before taxes and fees and total 'all-in' including taxes and fees) are you able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I won a compact for $16/day + tax from June 28th to July 1. I won about 10 cars a couple of years back from LAX. When you put in a bid of $5, Priceline kind of laughs at you and tells you what would give you a "good chance" and a "great chance" if you're at select airports. I still try and go a buck or two under the "good chance" just to be sure if I have time to rebid. Normally the "good chance" gets it done. Occasionally less for me, but rarely...

Is the Expedia off-site location a satellite location to the aiprort (meaning it's an "airport location" but just not in the terminal) or is it a local neighborhood location? If a neightborhood location, do they provide shuttle service? If not, how much would a taxi cost?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

And is that sattelite location acceptable for this stay?

Do you heve a means to get to that location (if there is no shuttle) as we'll have to consider possible taxi fare to get there in order to determine a good maximum bid amount.

Almost all car rental reservations are fully refundable (and can even be held without a credit card) so i would reserve thru Dollar (please use this previous link) to lock in that price... this protects you from any price increases from here while also allowing you to take advantae of a price drop from any company by cancelling this reservation and re-booking. Just always make sure of the cancellation terms when booking (not an issue if not giving a credit card)

From there, i would start with a $15 mid and increase $2-3 every 24 hours up to a maximum bid of $25 (at this point)

Let us know how it goes and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please note per our support page that we're an affiliate of Dollar Rent a Car... please check the support page links for your travel purchases.

Be careful going too much higher as another $2-$3 will have you at just about the same rate, or more, than your currentn back-up reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]