Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House

emandjh
By emandjh,
in

My husband just reported to me that he used Priceline... bid for a 4* in m.mile/loop area and "won" Palmer Hotel at $74. Two night stay July 17-19.

I would have preferred the Hyatt or other hotel in Mag Mile area. Plus not so great reviews of the rooms at the Palmer. Thinking he should have used Hotwire and gone for the Hyatt or IC. Oh well the price certainly is good.

I have stayed at the Palmer House, it is a Grand hotel. It is a older hotel and just has a different decor compared to the Hyatt. It was very clean and everybody was very nice and helpful. The only complaint I would have is that some of the rooms are pretty small. ex. you might only have 6-8' around the 3 sides of the bed to walk around. Since you only have two people it wont be an issue and like everybody says "how much time are you going to spend in your room anyway"

As Tamdave explained well, the Palmer House is an older, historic property and, as a result, while the size varies, most of the rooms are on the smaller side. Additionally, this is not a boutique property with personalized service; it's a massive, convention-oriented property with well over a thousand rooms. For full price, I wouldn't recommend it; for a discounted rate under $100, it's a nice place to sleep and a central location in the Loop. Plus, most epic/beautiful lobby in the city.

Thank you for reporting your win. Please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start future purchases

Thanks for the replies. We generally DO enjoy syaing in historic hotels, altho most are boutique size. My concern is we might get two double beds in a small room. Queen is what we're used to at home..king what we always enjoy. I've called to put in our request and cross our fingers. Yes, with the price we paid, we can't complain.

Yes, we'll use this site to link to PRICELINE in the future.

Two doubles is doubtful, as most hotels will put a PRICELINE reservation in a room with one bed unless the customer requests so (and the hotel doesn't have to honor that request) or if rooms with two beds are all that's left (doubtful at best.)

Not sure whether you will get queen/king, but I definitely wouldn't worry about two beds. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]