"Check my Status" at the end of a bid, good sign?

Luvhawaii
By Luvhawaii,
in

Hello!

I have been bidding like crazy for Hawaiian airfare. I probably put in 20 bids for various islands and airports for the same week of vacation at the beginning of September. A couple times instead of an immediate rejection, I have received this message rather than immediate rejection

"Thank You For Checking In

In most cases, we'll be able to tell you whether or not you got your tickets within 15 minutes. We're still working on your airline ticket request, and should have an answer for you soon. You can also get your answer at any time by clicking on the "Check Your Requests" button at the top of the Priceline.com home page. "

Is this a sign that I am getting closer to the right amount, or the right airport combo? Or are there no conclusions to be drawn here?

FYI I used betterbiddings PRICELINE link to start my bidding. :)

It has no meaning in regards to whether you're close or not...

The 'old' system used to always have you wait up to 15 minutes to get an answer and sometimes the newer system (of almost instant notification) reverts to the old system for a variety of reasons... delay in the computer receiving a response from one of the travel suppliers, waiting on credit card authorization, the backend is busy and want to slow down the strain on system resources, etc, etc.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links for your bidding... keep us updated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]