Priceline Hotel: Need a Pricelined hotel for a cruise

Snowchik
By Snowchik,
in

Hello! I'm cruising for the first time out of Seattle. I booked a Princess Cruise and it leaves on July 5th, but I arrive in Seattle on the 4th in the afternoon. I don't want to be too far from the Pier, but I also don't want to be in Nowhereland because I have the afternoon and evening to spend. Does anyone know what the best option is for cruisers? And maybe if a hotel offers free transportation to Pier 99? I wonder how easy/difficult it will be to get a room on a holiday night? (Last time on January 1st I got a 4star in Pittsburgh for like $75 because the Omni was only 3% full! ) I don't really care about the stars b/c I would rather save the money for Alaska!

Any help for navigating Seattle and the way to get free or cheap transfers to the piers for the cruises would be appreciated!

Hello

The Queen Anne and / or belltown are of downtown is the closest to pier 91 for hotels. Probably only about 2 miles. Plus you can walk or monorail it to downtown and pike place. Pier 99 is not a cruise pier - you should check on that. You would be bidding for space needle - Seattle Center area in such a case. Though Downtown is not that much further. Really just an extension of the neighborhoods. Will you be getting to the hotel from the airport by shuttle as well?

Generally, you will probably not have the option of a free shuttle to pier 91, though you might get lucky, and there are a few hotels that offer the town car service when you book directly through a much more expensive "cruise and stay" type package. Some properties farther afield, such as in the University District, DO offer shuttle service - but that's so hard to count on thru HOTWIRE or PRICELINE. Going thru what you are - one realizes that Seattle is a particularly expensive city to cruise from because of transfers and/or parking (not to mention hotel rates).

I strongly recommend you check out the message boards at cruisecritic.com , where you can get info on ports of departure. That can help you make a more informed decision before you bid. Also maybe check out the frommers guides online.

good luck

th

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]